Search for content in message boards

Family Tree Maker 2013 Wishlist

Replies: 37

Family Tree Maker 2013 Wishlist

Posted: 23 Sep 2011 5:05AM GMT
Classification: Query
Well I guess its about time we had one of these...

Having refused to move off my FTM Version 16 edition for a few years now, and with advent (finally) of family view in 2012 - I have given in... My copy of 2012 is now ordered!

But still there are things we need to see... here are a few ideas for the FTM Software Engineers to get on to initially... please add some too, under this thread. I am sure there are many!

(1) Faster. (Not that I can say yet that 2012 is slow...)

(2) Android & HP WebOS Port of the IPad App. (And yes I know about HP WebOS - but some of us got a cheap one - ooo and they are soooooo good! ;-))

(3) Improvement to the 'pattern of life timeline' features so that we can import/export information to/from other source for individuals (eg CSV, XLS, etc.) Needs to include support for binary objects like pictures too. Needs a wizard like a spreadsheet import tool.

(4) I'd like to see the ability to search geographic areas for facts in my file(s). Vision - see rightmove.co.uk sketch/draw search caability - when I go to places researching I sometimes find that other members of the tree lived their lives only a few miles away and I could have "done" them while I was in the area.

(5) If location aware capability isn't already there in the IPad/Android/HP WebOS apps - it needs to be! Some good capability options could be developed there with that.

(6)Picture EXIF meta data manipulation/editing - Picture's have this meta data for reasons - please can we see some ability to add/edit this information so that when pictures are shared tree information can go with them, and FTM "see's" that information and uses it. Pictures can be people, plcaes, things, etc so the meta data can be as diverse. Vision - imagine importing a picture of grave stone and having the person's timeline embedded in it and immediately added to the individual's data in FTM. Might want to think about security too...

(7) Email Outlook Form Plug-In for managing email correspondence / sources so that it can be integrated into a format within a field of a GEDCOM. (How about a CMIS interface? For Document Manager eg Alfresco, Documentum, Merido, ClearCase like!)

(8) ANCESTRY.COM – Integration request - more data (British Newspapers 1800-1900) available from the British library: contact jane.shaw@bl.uk – great genealogy sources for BMD, Obits, Court Rulings, News Articles (National and Local Newspapers)

Best wishes, James Usmar
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
JamesUsmar 23 Sep 2011 11:05AM GMT 
jeffjahn 26 Sep 2011 7:24PM GMT 
JamesUsmar 5 Oct 2011 10:49PM GMT 
Carole Parks 6 Oct 2011 4:13AM GMT 
AGHatchett3rd 6 Oct 2011 4:29AM GMT 
JamesUsmar 6 Oct 2011 5:12AM GMT 
AGHatchett3rd 6 Oct 2011 5:34AM GMT 
tony_knight 6 Oct 2011 6:34AM GMT 
JamesUsmar 6 Oct 2011 6:39AM GMT 
Rick Larsen 18 Dec 2011 1:39PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 2006-2014 Ancestry.com | Privacy | Cookies | New Terms and Conditions | Operated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.