Search for content in message boards

Cermak-Chmelik

Cermak-Chmelik

Posted: 21 Apr 2001 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 23 Apr 2002 12:04PM GMT
Surnames: Cermak, Chmelik
Am looking for information on Vaclav (James) Cermak, born Bohemia, 1850, married in Chicago in the early 1880's, died 1920, and his wife Marie Chmelik, 1853-1936. Thank you. Sheryl Lebman

Re: Cermak-Chmelik

Kim Wilch (View posts)
Posted: 29 Jul 2001 4:50AM GMT
Surnames: Cermak, Novak
How about Maria Cermak
(born about 1800, Roudne/Rychnov Bohemia)
married to Vaclav Novak
children:
1)Frantisek(Franz/Frank)Novak b.1830 Bohemia
2)Josef Novak

Margie (View posts)
Posted: 13 Apr 2004 3:07PM GMT
Surnames: Chmelik/Budilovsky/Cermak
My Gr- granfather John Chmelik, in his obituary has a Marie Cermak listed as a relative. If you would like a copy feel free to contact me at my e-mail address. His mothers maiden name was Budilovsky. He was from Bohemia

Libby (View posts)
Posted: 14 Oct 2004 11:49PM GMT
Surnames: Ruza-Ceresnak
Hi,On my Aunts papers when she arrived at Ellis Island,she lists Ann Marie Cermak as next of kin,my GrandMother and Aunt were both Ruza...Wouldn'y it be strange if this was the same person...They too were from the Czech Republic..It was beleived my Aunt and Grandmothers maiden name was yurkovic....Libby Shea

Re:Yurkovic / Jurkovic'

Posted: 15 Oct 2004 1:54AM GMT
Edited: 13 Nov 2006 3:35PM GMT
Libby

Following your queries to see if you might have listed some bit of information in other posts.

Surname JURKOVIC' lists in Jihomoravsky obvod of CZ.
The English Y makes the Slavic J sound so that is why your ancestors surname starts with Y instead of J.
428 JURKOVIC's passed thru Ellis Island. Do you have a name of a town for your aunt who passed thru EIlis Island?

Re:Jurkovic' in Velke Levare's phone book

Posted: 15 Oct 2004 3:04AM GMT
Libby

A JURKOVIC' listing in Male Levare's phone book and much more Jurkovics in Velke Levare.
www.zoznamst.sk

To locate an Ellis Island in One Step and especially when you know a name of a village use : www.stevemorse.org
From Male Levare came 14 people, from Male Lavary 2, from Levare 17, from Kislevard 66, 1 from Klein-Schutzen, and 49 from Kis Levard.
Take a look at Csermak, Ruzsa, Rozsa, and Jurkovics. That would be the Magyar / Hungarian spelling of C'ermak, Ruz'a and Jurkovic'. Some of Jurkovicss were from N.Levard which is Nagy Levard aka Velke Levare.
The old 1910 Hungarian megye map is at :
http://lazarus.elte.hu/hun/maps/1910
The town of Nagy levard is in Pozsony megye.

Re: Re:Jurkovic' in Velke Levare's phone book

Libby (View posts)
Posted: 7 Nov 2004 12:32AM GMT
Surnames: Jurkovic-Ruza
Hi, Thank you for the information,I think the one in Male Levare's because my uncle said that is where my Grandmother came from,would't that be great if they were relatives??

Re:Jurkovic, Ruza in Male Levare

Posted: 7 Nov 2004 3:19AM GMT
Your welcome.
The only way to find out if they are your distant relatives is to send a letter with family information.
You would only need to send three letters, 2 to RUZAs and 1 to JURKOVIC.
www.zoznamst.sk
Zip code website: www.slovenskaposta.sk
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 2006-2014 AncestryPrivacyCookiesNew Terms and ConditionsOperated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.