Search for content in message boards

Teufel from Beinstein

Teufel from Beinstein

Michael (View posts)
Posted: 27 Jan 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Teufel
Is there anybody who has further informations to the family Teufel from Beinstein? I am looking for further ancestors on Anna Maria Teufel. She was born on 6.3.1726. Her parents were Leonhard Teufel and Catherina Palmer. Leonhard Palmer died on 3.6.1758 in Beinstein. He was born on 24.12.1687 in ? - And there is the problem I have. The place of birth is hardly to identify. It could be read as Niederbach or Biederbach. His parents are Jerg and Anna. Maybe there is anybody who has been searching for the same family and maybe he can help me.

Re: Teufel from Beinstein

Posted: 26 Jun 2009 11:43PM GMT
Hello,

I, too, am searching for Leonhard Teufel. I note that there is information about Leonhard Teufel from Beinstein on the internet. Unfortunately, the information did not translate correctly. It appears that he was either a judge or involved with a school in some way. The papers involve the transfer of a mill.

I would appreciate learning what you have found out about Leonhard. The Leonhard I am researching went to the Banat after serving in the military in the Seven Years War. His wife was named Catharina. He might have been a baker or miller. His son became a judge.

Catherine Teufel O'Neill

Posted: 27 Jun 2009 10:30AM GMT
Catherine,
in the last weeks I was doing research with the church books of Beinstein as well as with the civil records kept in the municipal archives in Beinstein. However, I did not look for the Teufel name. If you are interested in genealogical help send me a mail directly to Markogen@aol.com
Regards, Martin (research in Wuerttemberg)

Posted: 27 Jun 2009 1:45PM GMT
Hi Martin,

Unfortunately, I don't have a clue as to where the Leonhard Teufel who emigrated to the Banat originated. He could be from a number of countries. I don't want to go on a while goose chase.

Thanks for your offer, though.

Cathy

Posted: 27 Jun 2009 1:51PM GMT
Cathy,
when you know the location in the Banat region where Leonhard Teufel settled it's an important clue.
Regards, Martin (Markogen@aol.com)

Posted: 27 Jun 2009 4:37PM GMT
Hi Martin,

I have every piece of information about Leonhard that was in the Mercydorf churchbook records. In fact, I entered the information for every Mercydorf settler in the early records into a computer program. I even went to the Timisoara archives to get over my Teufel "brick wall." I have the entire Teufel line, but I am missing this one vital piece of information.

I know that Leonhard would be in the Vienna Military Archives records, but without knowing where he was from, I cannot check which regiments were enlisting soldiers in and around his hometown during the period of the Seven Years War. Hopefully, a new document will someday be uncovered that includes his hometown or his military unit. It would take too long and be too expensive to go through every muster list that is on microfilm.

Cathy

Posted: 29 Jun 2009 7:46AM GMT
Hi Cathy,
probably you know the volumes of the publication "Sammelwerk donauschaebischer Kolonisten" by Stefan Stader. Unfortunately it is not completed yet and stops with the literal -S-. Perhaps you wll have to wait for the next volume.
Regards, Martin (Markogen@aol.com)

Posted: 29 Jun 2009 4:49PM GMT
Hi,

Yes, I know. Stader died, and others are completely the work. It must be quite a task. I think the next volume will be Sch, so the Teufel info will not be available for a while. I have the information about the Teufels that are mentioned in the earlier references. Unfortunately, none of it was new to me.
Sincerely,
Cathy
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 2006-2014 AncestryPrivacyCookiesNew Terms and ConditionsOperated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.