Search for content in message boards

WV.Moore''s

WV.Moore''s

Juanita Gleason (View posts)
Posted: 20 Nov 1999 3:55AM GMT
I am researching the Moore family of WV. My father Raymond Curtis Moore was born May 1918. He had 2 children by a first wife, Elizabeth Slack. Their names were Raymond Curtis Moore Jr. and Nettie May Moore. I have never met them, and hope to make contact. My father's parents were: Elijah Monroe Moore and Stella Luella (Lowe, poss.)
Elijah Monroe Moore's parents were James J. Moore and Katherine Shour. Has anyone got any information on this family? I would like to hear from you. Email johnboy@iol10.com
Thanks
Posted: 21 Nov 1999 7:38AM GMT
Edited: 28 Jun 2001 12:42AM GMT
Where is West Virginia were your Moore's from? My Moore's were from Randolph County and many of them moved to Benton and Newton County, Indiana before the Civil War while others stayed in West Virginia and served with the Union Army during the Civil War. Does any of this connect?

WV Moores

Dean Moore (View posts)
Posted: 21 Nov 1999 11:55PM GMT
I also have Moores from Randolph Co. Do you have any connection to John Moore who married Mary Barnhouse Sept 10, 1835 in Randolph Co? It is believed that they went to Ohio and then returned to Tyler Co (1850 census) and then to Ohio Co, WV. Mary returned to Randolph Co after John died (or left) in the early 1850s. Mary was the dau of George Barnhouse who had married Susanna Pitman in Randolph Co, March 29, 1810. My connection to John and Mary is through their son Samuel J. Moore who m. Mary Jane Helmick July 22, 1867 in Calhoun Co. Any info on John Moore or any of these others would be appreciated.

Wv Moores

Patricia (View posts)
Posted: 25 Nov 1999 7:20PM GMT
I have info on some Wv Moores that came from Ohio. Dighton Moore b.1815 and wife Anna(Bates) Children were: John, Lafayette, Barney,Abram, Sylvania, Nancy and Martha. (not in that order) Dighton (Diton) moved his family to Crown City Ohio from Noble Co. around 1870 along the Ohio river.Dighton died July 3, 1876. My Great-Grandfather Barney Moore b.1844. In the early 1900's he married Mary(Brown) and had one son named Charles.Barney Married a second time to Rachel(Dalrimple) from Noble co.Barney moved his family to Glenwood, Wv. They had eleven children; one was Simon Moore(my grandfather)and one was Truman Moore who married Cora Hood and had eleven children. Do not know the names of the other children. If any one has any info on any Moores or Bates Please let me know im am very interested in finding any info. The Bates Came into the family around 1814 when Samuel Moore married Ruth Ward and Timithy Bates married Ruth Moore.
Thanks Pat

WV Moore's

Juanita (View posts)
Posted: 3 Mar 2000 7:43AM GMT
Hello. Sorry it took so long to get back. My Moore line was from Jackson/Roane County WV. area. It starts with Raymond C. Moore>Elijah Monroe Moore>James M. Moore>James J. Moore.
Are we talking the same line?
Posted: 3 Mar 2000 7:20PM GMT
Edited: 28 Jun 2001 12:42AM GMT
I don't think we connect. My Moore's are from Lewis, Gilmer and Harrison County, WV.
My family served in the Civil War from these counties.

Roane County Moores

Posted: 15 Feb 2001 5:46AM GMT
Edited: 29 Jan 2002 3:38PM GMT
I saw your posting about Raymond Curtis Moore
He is buried in our family cemetary on Mt.
Hope Rd. Roane County. I/We are descendants
of James J. Moore, born on March 14,1812 in
Morgan County Ohio. Please contact me with
any further information.

Roane County Moores

Posted: 15 Feb 2001 6:29PM GMT
Raymond Curtis Moore. My e-mail address is
Erob1944@aol.com.

Raymond Curtis Moore

Juanita Gleason (View posts)
Posted: 16 Feb 2001 11:21AM GMT
Hi, are you related to Carol who lives on Ambler's Ridge? I went by to visit my father's grave when I was in WV a couple of years ago. However, I believe he is buried on private property. Is this the same Raymond Curtis Moore? s/o Elijah Monroe Moore and Stella Luella ?? It is my understanding that Stella, my grandmother was a Taylor, and then someone said she was an Alderman. I have yet to find her birth certificate. Are we talking of the same family? I hope so, as I am curious to learn more. Let me know if this is the same Moore's. Thank you, Juanita

Raymond Curtis Moore

Posted: 16 Feb 2001 3:36PM GMT
Hi,my name is Ellen Robinson,I live in Charleston,W.V.Raymond C Moore is buried in roane county on my grandfathers farm on ambler ridge.My grandparents were William and Rena Moore,they called Lute,I have heard my grandma,talk about a Stell Moore,she is supposed to be buried beside Ray,thats what everyone called him,the family cemetary is on mount hope rd.Is that where you are talking about?if it is please let me know,I was little when Ray and Stell would come out to see grandpa and grandma.If this is the right Ray And Stell,let me know and I will talk to a cousin,who lives in Little Rock,I may be able to find out more information.What state do you live in?I know a couple of years ago,someone was out at the cemetary and said he was Ray son from Georgia.Please email me and let me know
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 2006-2014 Ancestry.comPrivacyCookiesNew Terms and ConditionsOperated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.