Search for content in message boards

Wheatons in Onandaga County 1820

Wheatons in Onandaga County 1820

Posted: 28 Aug 2001 1:04PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 23 Dec 2001 7:32PM GMT
Surnames: WHEATON
I am trying to determine which of the following was the father of Samuel Wheaton born 1818 in Onandaga County new York.
Sylvester of Tully,Lyman of Marcellus or Augustus of Pompey.
If you are a decendant of any of these men and know their
family History please contact me.
Thank You Joe

Re: Wheatons in Onandaga County 1820

Posted: 28 Aug 2001 5:22PM GMT
Surnames: HODGES WHEATON BABBITT
I too am interested in the Wheaton's of Onondago.I am sure they have a connection to my family but don't know how.

Phillip Hodges md. Sarah (Sally) Ford on Dec. 18,1796 in Marcellus, Onondaga,NY.

Phillips father was Isaac Hodges. Conflicting info says he married Mary Freelove Babbitt or Wheaton.We have never been able to confirm this.

Their son Joseph b. June 14, 1800 Van Buren,Onondaga,NY md. 1) Sobrina Grippen unk date 2) Electa Clapp in Huntsburg,Ohio.

Joseph had a brother named Norman Wheaton Hodges also.

Joseph and Sobrina had son George Wheaton Hodges born in Marcellus,Onondago,NY in 1828.

I would love to know how the Wheatons Connect.

Posted: 22 Feb 2008 12:21PM GMT
Surnames: Wheaton, Beckhorn, Dunn, McDowell, Beckwith, Oldroyd
Hello,
I too am researching the Wheatons from Onondanga Cty.
This is my lineup (as I call it):
My grandmother is Alma Elizabeth Wheaton, born 1921 and died 1998 in PA, and she is the daughter of Alonzo E. Wheaton, b. 1891 in PA and d. 1972 in PA.

Alonzo is the son of Myron M. Wheaton b. 1861 in NY, and d. in 1940 in PA.
Myron M. is the son of Victory B. Wheaton, b. 1827 in NY, and d.1889 in NY.
Victory B. is the son of Sylvester Wheaton.

I have just started researching Sylvester. I have not found any info as to who Sylvester was married to, or if there are any other children.

I haven't come across any "Hodges" in my searching.

Please contact me if anyone has anymore info, or ifI can be of some sort of help.

Posted: 22 Feb 2008 2:49PM GMT
I found an obit for Augustus Wheaton of Pompey. It only mentions a son Charles. No Samuel.

Posted: 9 Mar 2008 1:46PM GMT
It turns out that Victory may not be the son of Sylvester. I have come across the name of Augustus Wheaton. Has anyone come across this name?

Posted: 16 Sep 2011 9:25PM GMT
Joe, I may have some information for you regarding Wheatons in Onandaga in the early 1800s. The candidates include Augustus and his children, and his son Charles Augustus and family. I also have info on some of the spouses of Augustus's daughters. Have not come across a Samuel. Most of these Wheatons were born in New Milford, CT. Please let me know if this is of any interest to you.
George Wheaton
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 2006-2014 AncestryPrivacyCookiesNew Terms and ConditionsOperated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.