Search for content in message boards

SHORTER,Sussex Co.

SHORTER,Sussex Co.

Pat Brannon (View posts)
Posted: 4 Jul 1998 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 26 Aug 2011 2:13PM GMT
SUSSEX: Looking for link with family of SHORTER,William b.09 Sept. 1852. Father:Wiliam S. SHORTER b.1819 in Mountfield,Sussex Co. Mother: Eleanor FORSDICK b.30 Sept.1823 in Tunstall, Suffolk Co. Married 01 June,1844. Known children: William(listed above), George b.28 July 1856 Lydia b.unk. Georgiana b.20 Oct.1859. Poss 3 or 4 other siblings. William and George came to the US in 1875. Parents of William Sr. are John SHORTER and Lydia NASH.In the 1881 Sussex Co. census, Lydia SHORTER is listed as 80 years old and living in Salehurst,Sussex Co. at the age of 80,with Ellen HOCK,relationship ukn. Does this sound familar to anyone? Would appreciate any help from family in UK or anyone who might be working on these families. Thank you in advance.

forsdick

jo peckover (View posts)
Posted: 9 Sep 2001 9:20PM GMT
Surnames: forsdick
my father was a forsdick (raymond george ) died 5th august 2001. his father was called ron forsdick died about 28 years ago if this means anything to you i could possible get more info of my gran

Re: SHORTER

Stephen Forsdick (View posts)
Posted: 29 Dec 2001 4:34AM GMT
My Great Great Grandfather John Forsdick was born May 1, 1795 in Campsea Tunstall Suffock and died April 16, 1882 in Watford Hertfordshire. He married Juliet Elizabeth Bartram on September 29, 1817. They had five boys and two girls. All seven children were born and raised at Watford. I understand that John had a brother who remained in Suffock.

Houghton John (View posts)
Posted: 13 Jan 2002 4:15PM GMT
John Forsdick born in Tunstall Sussex is my GGG Grandfather and I have been researching him and his family for some 15 years. I have many photos, paintings, details and documents relating with this family

Re: SHORTER,Sussex Co.

Posted: 29 Jul 2002 1:22AM GMT
Edited: 26 Aug 2011 2:16PM GMT
Surnames: FORSDICK, BROWN.
Hi,

Linda Forsdick here in New Zealand I am married to Stuart James Forsdick born in England 1953, his father was Stephen Cyril Forsdick born 1920 in Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire, died 1981. He married Barbara Lois Brown on 29.06.46. Barbara died in 1992.

We have become interested in tracing our family tree and wonder whether we have any connection with your family?

Stephen Cyril Forsdick's father was also Stephen Forsdick born in 1893 (?) and died 19.04.24. We know he had some connection with Canada, but are not sure if his family at some stage went there and he returned to England and married Nellie Queenborough born 1898 (?) died approx 1983.

Should you require any further information please contact us.

Looking forward to hearing from you.
Regards,
Stuart & Linda Forsdick

Posted: 18 Aug 2003 1:47PM GMT
Edited: 16 Jan 2004 3:48PM GMT
HelloStephen
I have just seen your message re your Forsdick family.
My late husband's Grandmother was a Sarah Forsdick born in Scotland where her father was a gamekeeper but he John b.l84l came from Watford. However I can trace her back to your John of Campsey Ash who married Juliet Bartram and would be interested to know where you fit into the tree.
Hoping to hear from you although I realise it is a couple of years since your original message.
Penny Bignell

Re: SHORTER,Sussex Co.

Posted: 26 Aug 2011 12:55PM GMT
Edited: 26 Aug 2011 2:17PM GMT
Surnames: Forsdick
I realise that these postings were made some time ago now, but having recently joined the search for the same Forsdicks descended from those listed here, and they being my ancestors, could I please ask that anyone who has posted here and who would be willing to share/swap information would be hugely grateful.

Especially interested to know if John Houghton is still connected - would love to know if there are any photos or old documents that can be shared... Tried the email, but dead end.

Many thanks in advance
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 2006-2014 Ancestry.comPrivacyCookiesNew Terms and ConditionsOperated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.