Search for content in message boards

Williamsburg Loyalists

Williamsburg Loyalists

Posted: 13 Oct 2012 4:04AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Weaver, Weegar, Marcellus, Ulman
Interested in other researchers working on either Peter Weaver, Francis Ulman and John Marcellus from Williamsburg, Ontario. They are all ancestors I am currently working on.
Related to Henry John Weegar as well.

Cheers,

Bill Morrison

Re: Williamsburg Loyalists

Posted: 29 Jul 2013 3:46PM GMT
Surnames: Weegar, Weaver, Marcellus
Hello,
I am working on a Weegar family tree. Henry John Weegar (b. 12/29/1790) is my g.g.g grandfather. He married Elizabeth M. Weaver (b. 3/2/1796) from Williamsburg, Ontario. I have Peter Weaver (b. 1756) as Elizabeth's father.

I don't have much information on Elizabeth's family but have quiet a bit for Henry John Weegar (as far back as 1650 in Germany). I do also have Marcellus/Marcelis family members but none by the name of John.

Let me know if you would like more information.
Thanks

Re: Williamsburg Loyalists

Posted: 29 Jul 2013 9:35PM GMT
Edited: 30 Jul 2013 11:28PM GMT
Surnames: Weaver, Weegar, Marcellus
Hi and thanks for the reply :)
Love more information on the Weegars (pics, stories etc.)
Henry John would be my 4th grgrandfather I believe. I have Elizabeths father as Peter Weaver and her mother as Christiana Marcellus, her father being Johannes (John) Marcellus, he was a private(?) of the KRRNY. I just finished proving my tree back to Peter Weaver for my UEL certificate with the Kingston UELAC branch. My greatgrandmother was a Colquhoun and her ancestors through her mothers side were married to the Ulmans, Weavers, Warrens and Weegars. Would love to hear from you privately, please email me at piperwilly at hotmail dot com.
Thanks and kindest regards,
Bill
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 2006-2014 Ancestry.comPrivacyCookiesNew Terms and ConditionsOperated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.