Classification: Query
O'Brien's of Quartermire, Knockanalban,
Miltown Malbay, County Clare, Ireland

• Name: Michael O'BRIEN
• Sex: M
• Birth: 1 FEB 1818 in Milltown Malbay, Quartermire, Co. Clare, Ireland
• Death: 7 AUG 1890 in Milltown Malbay, Quartermire, Co. Clare, Ireland

Marriage 1 Mary LOONEY b: APR 1819 in , Co. Clare, Ireland

Children (these are baptism dates from the register of the Kilmurry-Ibrickane Parish)
1. Mary O'BRIEN b: 11 APR 1852 in Milltown Malbay, Quartermire, Co. Clare, Ireland
2. Catherine O'BRIEN b: 5 OCT 1853 in Milltown Malbay, Quartermire, Co. Clare, Ireland Sponsors: Michael Looney and Mary King
3. Bridget O'BRIEN b: 7 JAN 1855 in Milltown Malbay, Quartermire, Co. Clare, Ireland Sponsors: Matthew O’Brien and Bridget Hehir
4. Ellen O'BRIEN b: 29 OCT 1856 in Milltown Malbay, Quartermire, Co. Clare, Ireland Sponsors: Margaret O’Brien
5. Michael O'BRIEN b: 24 SEP 1859 in Milltown Malbay, Quartermire, Co. Clare, Ireland Sponsors: Michael Looney and Margaret O’Brien
6. Margaret O'BRIEN b: 1 SEP 1861 in Milltown Malbay, Quartermire, Co. Clare, Ireland Sponsors: Thomas King and Norry Looney
7. Sally O'BRIEN b: 2 FEB 1863 in Milltown Malbay, Quartermire, Co. Clare, Ireland
8. Elizabeth O'BRIEN b: 23 OCT 1864 in Milltown Malbay, Quartermire, Co. Clare, Ireland
9. John O'BRIEN b: 16 APR 1866 in Milltown Malbay, Quartermire, Co. Clare, Ireland
10. Patrick O'BRIEN b: 17 MAR 1868 in Milltown Malbay, Quartermire, Co. Clare, Ireland
11. Kate O'BRIEN b: 17 FEB 1872 in Milltown Malbay, Quartermire, Co. Clare, Ireland Sponsors: John Looney and Bridget Griffy
12. Thomas O'BRIEN b: 17 DEC 1870 in Milltown Malbay, Quartermire, Co. Clare, Ireland Sponsors: John Griffy and Mary Griffy
9. Name: John O'BRIEN
• Birth: 16 APR 1866 in Milltown Malbay, Quartermire, Co. Clare, Ireland
• Death: 9 JAN 1944 in Liverpool England
Bridget BROSNAHAN
Married: 22 APR 1888
Children
Fred O'BRIEN b: 24 JUL 1908 in Milltown Malbay, Quartermire, Co. Clare, Ireland
Death: 14 NOV 1989 in Milltown Malbay, Quartermire, Co. Clare, Ireland

WHERE ARE THE DESCENDANTS OF THIS FAMLY??????

Re: O'Brien's of Quartermire, Knockanalban, County Clare, Ireland

Posted: 21 May 2011 8:54AM GMT
Surnames: Obrien.
Hi,
I'm at a brick wall with my Obrien's. My Ggrandfather was William Francis Obrien born 1863 in Tulla County Clare. He had a sister Ellen born 1864 in Tulla also. His father was a William Obrien and his mother was Jane Culeen on Ellen's baptisim her Godparent was Bridget Culeen I am thinking she was Jane's sister and she or they came from Portumna. William and Jane obrien where Hotel Propreitor's. That was on my Ggrandfather's death certificate, he came to Western Australia around 1886 ( not sure of the correct date ).
Would your Obrien's have any connection to mine.
Kind regards...Nola.

Posted: 1 Mar 2013 8:27AM GMT
Surnames: O'Brien
I am the grandson of John O'Brien and Bridgit Brosnihan

Posted: 1 Mar 2013 8:27AM GMT
Surnames: O'Brien
I am the grandson of John O'Brien and Bridgit Brosnihan

Posted: 2 Mar 2013 1:14PM GMT
Bobert,

It is nice to hear from you again. This is Kevin J. O'Brien from Buffalo, New York. I share this Ancestry account with one of my old grammar school friend, Tim Hartnett. I also have "The Sexton Families of Kilmurry-Ibrickane Parish" blog. A friend and distant cousin, Teresa Sexton from Dublin and I posted this blog in hopes of contacting Sextons from around the world. We have been very successful with the Sexton's.
Recently your brother, Mark has been in contact and he has a trip planned to your ancestral farm. I am anxious to hear about his trip.
Sláinte,
Kevin J. O’Brien
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 2006-2014 Ancestry.comPrivacyCookiesNew Terms and ConditionsOperated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.