Search for content in message boards

Jankura family

Jankura family

Posted: 14 Oct 2002 7:28PM GMT
Classification: Biography
Surnames: Jankura/Olejar/Svitanna/Zsoldak
I was also able to get information from the document depository in the Republic of Slovakia regarding the
Jankura family. I gave me access to names of the family that none of us in the US had ever heard of. Most of the older family members had already passed away and no one had taken down any information from them about where they came from.
It was wonderful to get these copies and find so many new
clues to the family history. I sent copies to all my cousins,
none of whom knew anything about any of the people that we
now call our family.

Re: Jankura family

Posted: 15 Oct 2002 1:24AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 8 Jul 2003 4:11AM GMT
That is good news.
The Slovak phone site is at www.zoznamst.sk
and the name JANKURA, OLEJAR, SVITANA and ZOLDAK list in SR.

http://mapy.atlas.sk
www.hosmanek.com/slovak
www.village.sk
www.our-slovakia.com
www.iarelative.com
www.slovensko.com
www.slovakfolkcrafts.com

Re: Jankura family

Posted: 3 Jul 2003 1:31PM GMT
Edited: 30 Jul 2003 4:42PM GMT
I'm with an offshoot of the Jankura family that lives in southern Ontario, Canada. The head of my family was Michael Jankura who immigrated here abt 1929. His parents were Frank and Sophia and they lived in Lubricka Krogrel, Spisska Zupa as best as I know. He had siblings in Cleveland Ohio named; Helen(married ? Baltaz), John, Mary, and Sophia (she married Anthony 'Lucewicz' & also ? Tauvrell, and later moved to Ontario). I read the posting from Jane Fountain re the info she obtained from the Republic of Slovakia, and was wondering if she could send it to me at tjankers@aol.ca .Thanks

August J. Jankura of Cleveland, OH 1943

Posted: 29 Nov 2010 5:08AM GMT
August is pictured in the Cadet, yearbook of the 43-J class of the Harman Flying Center at Bruce Field in Ballinger, Texas. He is a flight cadet. I'm not kin but thought this might help some researching the family.

per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 2006-2014 Ancestry.com | New Privacy | Cookies | New Terms and Conditions | Operated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.