Search for content in message boards

NC Ancestor with Sephardic surname Rodriguez

NC Ancestor with Sephardic surname Rodriguez

Posted: 16 Sep 2012 1:29PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 17 Sep 2012 1:04PM GMT
Surnames: Roriguez
Hello,
I am looking for information on an ancestor of mine. Her name was Ziltha Rodriguez and she was born about 1765 in Virginia. She married Thomas Boon and died about 1832 in Nash County, North Carolina. Her son was Joshua Lawrence Boon. I have been unable to find anything about her parents or where they came from. I was very surprised to find a Rodriguez in colonial Virginia. I know there were Sephardic Jews in colonial Virginia with the name Rodriguez. The name is very unusual for my family, which is of British Isles descent, and for the area of colonial Virginia.Could she have been a Jew instead of Hispanic? Any information would be greatly appreciated, as I am very frustrated with not being able to find anything!

Re: NC Ancestor with Sephardic surname Rodriguez

Posted: 17 May 2013 4:53PM GMT
have you viewed her birth,marriage or death certificate?
at least one should name her parents. maybe her parents came from the islands by way of uk.

Re: NC Ancestor with Sephardic surname Rodriguez

Posted: 25 Oct 2014 7:16AM GMT
Hello, I'm in the boon familly. Although I don't know anything about Ziltha Rodriguez, Joshua is in our direct line. Would you like to know more?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 2006-2014 Ancestry.comPrivacyCookiesNew Terms and ConditionsOperated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.