Search for content in message boards

Abram Mead (b. abt. 1800)

Abram Mead (b. abt. 1800)

Posted: 10 Jul 2003 3:55PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Mead, Heacock
I'm looking for info on Abram Mead. I don't know a lot about him, except that he was born abt 1800 and had 4 sons, Eli (b. abt 1825), Ebenezer (b. 1830), Nathaniel (b. abt 1833), and John (b. 1840).

One source has his birth place as New Jersey and another as PA. I know that his son John was born in Owego, Tioga Co, NY but I don't find him in any census there. Other towns that the family lived in were Woodhull/Borden, Steuben Co, NY and Elkland/Osceola, Tioga Co, PA.

I found him, his wife Susan Heacock, and granddaughter, Mary Ella Mead, in the 1880 census in Osceola, PA next to his son Eli. I found links to all of his sons, but I cannot find any information on who his father was.

Re: Abram Mead (b. abt. 1800)

Posted: 8 Aug 2003 3:17AM GMT
You mentioned a Susan Heacock in your post. I have a GGG Grandfather Joseph T. Heacock who lived in both Steuben and Tioga counties. I have been unable to connect him to any of the Pennsylvania Heacocks. Have you found anything researching Susan that would connect my Joseph to her? He was supposedly born in New Jersey or New York according to the censuses. Thanks for any help. Peter

Posted: 8 Aug 2003 7:41AM GMT
Edited: 10 Dec 2005 7:57AM GMT
Unfortunately, I know nothing about Susan's parents at all. I do know from census records that she was born about 1807 in New York and died Aug 29, 1880. I'm not sure where she was buried, but probably in a cemetery in Osceola, PA since that's where she was living in the 1880 census.

Posted: 30 Jun 2005 5:18AM GMT
Susannah "Susan" Heacock may've been the daughter of Joseph T. Heacock and Mehitable Phillips. Abram and Susan were married in Orange Co, NY on April 20, 1826. They were both of Minisink, Orange Co, NY at the time, moved to Tioga Co, NY by 1840 and then to the Tioga Co, PA/Steuben Co, NY area by 1846 I believe.

Posted: 30 Jun 2005 5:20AM GMT
I meant Thomas Heacock and Mehitable Phillips, not Joseph T.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 2006-2014 AncestryPrivacyCookiesNew Terms and ConditionsOperated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.