Search for content in message boards

loyd/Lloyd families and decendants

loyd/Lloyd families and decendants

Posted: 28 Jun 2005 4:55PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Loyd, Lloyd
Always looking to learn more and share information on the descendants of George Henry Loyd and Catherine Young.

Descendants of George Henry Loyd

Generation No. 1

1. GEORGE HENRY1 LOYD was born 1765 in New York, and died 1834 in Fredericksburg Twp.. He married CATHARINE YOUNG 05 Aug 1792 in St Paul's Fredericksburg Tp., daughter of HENRY YOUNG and MARY DAFOE. She was born 1774 in USA.
Children of GEORGE LOYD and CATHARINE YOUNG are:
i. HENRY2 LOYD, b. 27 Oct 1793, Fredericksburg Twp.; d. 02 Dec 1794, Fredericksburg Twp..
2. ii. EDWARD LOYD, b. Bef. 03 May 1795, Fredericksburg Twp..
3. iii. RICHARD LOYD, b. Bef. 08 Feb 1798.
iv. ELISHIA LOYD, b. 01 Jan 1801, Fredericksburg Twp.; m. ? HAZZARD.
4. v. LANEY LOYD, b. 20 Jan 1801, South Fredricksburg, Ont.; d. 20 Oct 1874, Sidney County.
vi. JOHN CALEB LOYD, b. Bef. 19 Mar 1809; m. RACHEL; b. 1815.
5. vii. STEPHEN LOYD, b. Bef. 22 Feb 1807, Fredericksburg Twp..
6. viii. JOSHUA JACOB LOYD, b. Bef. 19 Mar 1809.
ix. ELIZABETH LOYD, b. 18 Sep 1810, Fredericksburg Twp.; m. WILLIAM VAN KOUGHNET, 18 Feb 1834.
x. JAMES NELSON LOYD, b. Bef. 25 Apr 1813.
xi. ELMIDA MARGARET LOYD, b. Bef. 1819; m. HENRY PETER RUTTAN
xii. MARY LOYD, b. Bef. 1819; m. JOHN KELLER, 08 Jan 1835.
7. xiii. BENJAMIN F. LOYD, b. 22 Feb 1799, Fredericksburg Tp; d. 24 Feb 1891, Madoc Tp.
8. xiv. GEORGE LOYD, b. Bef. 03 Jul 1803.

Re: loyd/Lloyd families and decendants

Posted: 1 Jul 2005 1:41AM GMT
Edited: 5 Sep 2005 6:16PM GMT
Hi. I have Elizabeth Lloyd & William Vankoughnet in my tree. I also have Joseph Lloyd & Catherine Davy (not sure if this is your family). If you need any of these people, please email me at dbward@svcn.mb.ca

Posted: 1 Jul 2005 7:24PM GMT
Surnames: Lloyd, Davy, Vankoughnet, Keller
Darlene, I believe that your Joseph Lloyd born June 12, 1840 (married to Catherine Davy) was the son of Benjamin Lloyd and his wife Lany Keller. Benjamin was a brother to your Elizabeth Lloyd who married William Vankoughnet.

Nora

Posted: 1 Jul 2005 11:02PM GMT
Edited: 5 Sep 2005 6:16PM GMT
Hi Nora. Thanks, but my line lies with Ezekiel Whitney Vankoughnet. I have noted all the other members of the Vankoughnet family and I think I've went far enough with them. Right now, I'm stuck on the Ward's. I found a James & Sarah Ward in the 1851 census for Ernestown Twp. I've been trying to find out info on them. I think they are the starting point for my Ontario Ward family. Thanks Darlene

Kathy McNichols (View posts)
Posted: 4 Jul 2005 11:38PM GMT
Hi Nora,
I believe Joseph and Catherine Lloyd are my great-great grandparents, throught their son Manson who married Mary Vilneff, their daughter Berniece who married Harvey Preston, their daughter June who married Len Manser (who are my parents)..I would love to know any more information you have on the Lloyd family...I haven't seen the names Benjamin and Lany Keller before as Joseph's parents but this is wonderful information.. I do believe Joseph had a brother named Benjamin as well..thanks for the info...Kathy

Posted: 5 Jul 2005 10:17PM GMT
Hello Kathy,

Although I have not searched for documentation on many of the Loyd family members I have in my data it may still have some value for you.

I have Benjamin F. Loyd (1799-1891) m Laney Keller. I have for children in my file, Catherine, John, Peter, Hannah, Joseph, Moses. I also have a 2nd spouse for Benjamin, Magdalene Robinson. I don’t have a lot more details since I only collect this family on the side. Most of the details have been provide by other researchers and I have never check to see if the information is correct. Benjamin F. appears to have been a son of George Henry Loyd & Catherine Young.

I also have a Benjamin Lemore Loyd (1847-?) who appears to be the son of Richard Loyd & Elizabeth Benn. He may have also had a sister Catherine.

I hope this does not confuse things for you.

Regards,

Paul Caverly

Posted: 6 Mar 2009 4:18AM GMT
Correction to the parentage of Catherine Young.

Catherine Young married to George Henry Loyd/Lloyd IS NOT the daughter of Henry Young and Mary Dafoe as indicated.

Henry Young (Jr) married Mary/Maria Dafoe on 27 May 1793 in Fredericksburgh. One of the witnesses to the marriage is Henry's step-mother "E. Young" [Elsje/Elsie/Elisha/Eleanor].

Henry and Catherine are siblings. They are the children of Pte. Henry Young, UE and his first wife Catherine Keller (daughter of Christian Keller & Elisabeth Backus). Both were born in the Province of New York (Hoosick/Albany).

Children of Henry Young and Mary Dafoe are: --

Elizabeth baptised 20 Jan 1794 Fredericksburgh
Katreen baptised 27 Sep 1796 Fredericksburgh
George born circa 1800 Fredericksburgh

The Young family has been well documented. Please take a look at the Loyalist Gazette - September 2008 publication for the full history.

Gail Faibish, UE

Posted: 6 Mar 2009 11:43AM GMT
Surnames: Loyd, Lloyd
Thank you for the message Gail. I did read the Fall 2008 article and then emailed Peter Johnson with some comments that he did not reply to. The following is the email I sent:
Hello Angela & Peter,
It was with interest I read one of the features in the Fall 2008 issue of the Loyalist Gazette entitled “O Henry”. My focus was on the section by Peter writing about Pte. Henry Young. I have communicated with both of you a couple of years ago as I researched my Caverly/Loyd ancestors.
Katherine Young b abt. 1774 married George Henry Loyd (1765-1834). Their dau. Laney Loyd married Amos Mills Caverly and Amos & Laney were my 3rd great-grandparents.
I can see from the article there are still a few unknowns with Henry Young. I had put together part of my family tree going back to Henry Young and attempted to list his children. Only problem is I have his wife as Mary Dafoe which I now assume is incorrect.
In reviewing the article you managed to find material indication Henry Young was married twice and you have shown the names of the children your research has found. Your research notes one dau.; Katreen Young born bef. 1775 married Benjamin Lloyd (son of George Henry Lloyd).
In the Loyalist Lineages of Canada, Vol II, Part 2, p. 1277 there is a section on the surname Young. It indicates Katreen (Katherine) Young m 5 Aug. 1792, George Henry Lloyd.
I know researching records that far back is tedious but I am trying to get this family straight in my own mind. So, I am finding it difficult to understand a timeline that would fit your article where Katreen Young, born bef. 1775 would have married Benjamin Lloyd. Although my research is far from exact I have Benjamin F. Loyd (son of George Henry Lloyd) b. 22 Feb 1799. I also have him married 1.) Layna Keller, 2.) Magdalene Robinson.
Most of my early research came from reviewing genealogies produced by others and is in a small number of cases actually finding some sources. I know Angela has spent years on this line and has researched it extensively but I would like to try and determine how my Katreen (Katherine) Young actually fits into the scheme.
I also noted in the Loyalist Lineages they only have one wife for Henry Young as Elishia. Lineages have the Issue: Katreen, Peter, John, George, Andrew, Jacob, Lawrence, William, Gasper, Tobias. It appears your research has uncovered additional Issue: Aeltzia, Elizabeth, Christopher.
Overall I enjoyed reading the article even if it was hard to keep all the Henrys separated.

Regards,
Paul Caverly, UE, PLCGS

Posted: 6 Mar 2009 3:52PM GMT
Hello Paul,

Glad you read the "O Henry" article. There are a few errors and omissions (ie. Benjamin Loyd should read George Henry Loyd).

With the assistance of my two cousins, Bernard Young and Bonnie Morley, UE, we have worked diligently on the Jung/Young family tracing back to their arrival circa 1710 to North America. While Bonnie and Bernard researched resources available to them, I scoured both the Archives of Ontario and military papers housed at the Library and Archives of Canada .

The Loyalist Lineages incorrectly has placed John and George as sons of Pte. Henry Young. John is the son or grandson of Lt. Henry Young (the Hallowell bunch), and George is the son of Henry Young Jr. and Mary Dafoe. Omitted, is daughter Mary Young born circa 1776 Province of New York [married Henrich Brandts in Fredericksburgh].

I descend from Christopher Young [ baptised 12 Jan 1789 Fredericksburgh], son of Henry (Johannes Henrich Jung/Young) and Elsje Bresee his second wife. Christopher married Magdalena (Laney) Keller, daughter of Frederick Keller,UE and Elizabeth Peters.

It took years to determine who was this Eleanor/Elsie/Elishia etc., as recorded in the registers of Rev. John Langhorn.. The discovery evolved through a baptism record whereas, Henry Young and Elsje Bressie [sic] were witnesses to (her niece) in Albany, New York.

If I can be of further assistance, please feel free to write to me directly.

Regards,
Gail

Gail Faibish, UE
gfaibish@rogers.com

Posted: 30 Mar 2009 1:58PM GMT
John Keller and Mary Lloyd were my 4th ggrandparents. Please contact me at skyehawke@sympatico.ca
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 2006-2014 Ancestry.com | Privacy | Cookies | New Terms and Conditions | Operated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.