Dudenhofen Katholische Records

Posted: 8 Feb 2010 7:36AM GMT
Classification: Lookup
Edited: 8 Feb 2010 2:53PM GMT
Surnames: Wesel, Schilson, Kahl, Kappner, Moebus
Hello -

I am looking for information regarding

Joannes Adamum Wesel born 7 March 1824 Dudenhofen, Germany
Married to Margaretham Mariam Kahl (Dates?)
Her parents were Adolphi Kahl and Mariae Moebus

Father was Joannes Martini or Martino Wesel (Dates?)
Married to Annae Regina Kappner (Dates?)

Joannes Adamum was my grandfather's grandfather. His son was Fredrick (born 1852 in Rodelhauer, Pra and married Agnes Schilson) and Fredrick's son was Ernest (my grandfather)

Thank you so much for any help you might give me.

Sincerely,

Susan Ryan

Re: Dudenhofen Katholische Records

Posted: 8 Feb 2010 7:45PM GMT
Classification: Query
Hello Susan,

FAMILYSEARCH.ORG has an IGI record for Reginam Kappner and Martinum Wesel. (see attached screen shot)

If you have access to an FHL you can try to loan the book shown in the 2nd screenshot.

Kind regards,

Georg
Attachments:

Re: Dudenhofen Katholische Records

Posted: 8 Feb 2010 9:46PM GMT
Surnames: Wesel Kappner
Hello Georg,

Thank you so much for your reply! I had found a different IGI marriage record for Annae Regina Kappner through the Family Data Collection: Marriages reference to FAMILYSEARCH.ORG on Ancestry.com. The marriage date there is listed as 17 December 1817.

The references are different for the two marriage dates. One is the Zvilstandregister 1798-1918 (the one you gave). The other is the Kirchenburch 1745-1818 Katholische Kirche Dudenhofen.

Do you think the actual marriage could have taken place in December 1817 and registered at the church, but it wasn't registered in the Civil Register (Town Register?) until May of 1818? The names seem too similar to be two different couples.....

I do have access to films at a satellite FHL, but the book you referenced is not available close to me.

Thank you again for your help! I appreciate any ideas you might have!

Kind regards,

Susan

Re: Correction about my idea re:Dudenhofen Katholische Records

Posted: 8 Feb 2010 10:04PM GMT
Sorry, Georg,

The CIVIL date is in December 1817 and the CHURCH date is in May 1818. Could the civil date be when they got their marriage license or posted Banns to announce they were intending to marry?

I was so excited, I answered too quickly. Thank you again!

Susan

Posted: 9 Feb 2010 7:49PM GMT
Hello Susan,

At first I would think the couples are the same.
I can't ignore your thoughts about the different dates but there could be another reason. I think the church book entries were transcribed for the civil records.
The Palatinate became part of the Bavarian Kingdom after the Napoleonic Wars.
(see link) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palatinate_(region)
Perhaps there were mistakes made by the clerk. Also mistakes could be done by transcribing the filmed documents. To be sure, you have to go to the "basement" of your LDS center and read the films. Maybe you'll find remarks or annotations
of the minister (priest).

I found another IGI record for Anna Regina Kappner (see attached screen shot).
With the names of her parents you'll find more information at FAMILYSEARCH.ORG.

Best wishes from Germany,

Georg

Attachments:

Posted: 9 Feb 2010 7:54PM GMT
Sorry, here the correct link:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palatinate_(region)

Georg

Posted: 9 Feb 2010 9:41PM GMT
Edited: 10 Feb 2010 1:04PM GMT
Surnames: Kappner, Klein, Hornung, Worf, Werner, Wesel
Hello Georg,

Thank you for your thoughtful reply. I am eager to get to our LDS center now that I know there are films related to Dudenhofen! I am learning that so much of our family lived there, I am starting to dream of visiting someday! Thank you for the link to information re: the region as well. I have spent some time this morning looking for pictures of Dudenhofen so I can picture it in my mind.

Your post is the first I have received regarding my father's Wesel side of he family, even though I have posted to many boards over the past year. Today I found the first Ancestry.com family tree with a member from that side of the family! Our common branch goes back to 1799 when Caharinam Barbarae Klein (b 1780) married Elia Zacharia Kappner (b. 1776) (Anna Regina's parents as you sent). Now it is not so lonely! I was beginning wonder if there were any other descendants left!

For the purpose of this board, here are the other names I found: Elias' parents were Nicolai Kappner and Elizabethae Hornung. Catharinam Klein's parents were Joanne Klein (b. 1751) and Agnete Worf. Joanne Klein's parents were Christophorus Klein (1721-1763) and Maria Barbara Werner. Christophorus Klein's parents were Theodor Klein (1691-1742) and Barbara Thyruft (b 1697).

Thank you so much, Georg. You have given new energy to my search!

Warm regards,

Susan

Posted: 21 Jul 2012 12:19PM GMT
Hello Susan,
if you are still searching for ancestors from Dudenhofen, you can contact me.
Greetings from Germany!
Waltraud
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 2006-2014 Ancestry.comPrivacyCookiesNew Terms and ConditionsOperated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.