Search for content in message boards

Hale from County Down Ireland to Birmingham england area

Hale from County Down Ireland to Birmingham england area

Jack Hale (View posts)
Posted: 22 Jun 2003 3:15PM GMT
Classification: Query
Looking for family descendents of Alexander Hale and ? Downey. Children were Joe, Maggie, Noreen and Patsy.They lived in Loughbrickland Ireland until 1930 ? They then left for Birmingham England ?? Alexander Hale was born Feb. 21 1889, Drumsallagh Ireland .

Thanks Jack

Re: Hale from County Down Ireland to Birmingham england area

Hugh Macartney (View posts)
Posted: 23 Jun 2003 12:44AM GMT
Surnames: Hale, Drumsallagh, Loughbrickland
Alexander Hale may have been descended from Thomas Hale of Drumsallagh (the ridge of the willows) in the Tithe Aplotments of 1828. A Joseph Hale listed in the 1901 census for Drumsallagh likely was also related.

Jack Hale (View posts)
Posted: 27 Jun 2003 11:47PM GMT
Hugh thanks for the response Alexander Hale born Feb. 21- 1889 is the son of the Joseph Hale and Margaret Murphy . His grandfather was Alexander Hale was born in 1810. I think Margaret Murphy was from Newry , her father was Peter Murphy. Could you help me here please?

Thanks Jack

Hugh Macartney (View posts)
Posted: 28 Jun 2003 3:18PM GMT
Surnames: Murphy ?Newry
As Murphys in Ireland are a common as stones in the fields it poses a problem. My 1886 Newry Directory lists a P.Murphy as a pig dealer at 53 N'ham St. (?Nottingham).
You might trawl through caora.net/find/php and the Ros Davies web site:
<freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~rosdavies

Colin Y (View posts)
Posted: 6 Aug 2003 3:25PM GMT
Surnames: Pentland Hale
Not wishing to jump in but any connection with Richard Hale, Farmer, of Newry at the date of his daughter Ann Jane Hales marriage to John Pentland of Portadown, Armagh at Newry on 23 Dec 1892? A witmness of this marriage was James Hale.

Colin - researching the Pentlands of Down & Armagh who also (in part) ended up in Birmingham just after this time!

Posted: 18 Sep 2012 6:27AM GMT
Reply to Ancestry.com. I am researching Alexander Hale b.Armagh 8.8.1830 father William Hale farmer, mother Euphemia Austin. Wife Jane Johnston. Jane and Alexander Hale exgrated to Australia in 1853. Any connection? regards

Posted: 18 Sep 2012 7:21AM GMT
As a farmer, if William Hale was still alive in 1863, then he should be listed in Griffiths Valuation. There are only 2 William Hale entries for Armagh in Griffiths. Both small farms. One in the townland of Lisbane (Parish of Ballymore), the other in Annaghgad (parish of Creggan). If you have no other leads, and you know the families exact religious denomination, you might want to search for parish records to see if either is the family you are interested in.

Judging by the 1901 census, the Hales in Armagh were a mix of Church of Ireland and Covenanters (Reformed Presbyterians).

Posted: 27 Sep 2012 5:24AM GMT
My Alexander Hale b. Armagh 8.8.1830 m. Jane Johnston at Banbridge registry office 8.8.1853 b.Armagh 12.1.1830. both emigrated to Australia in 1853. Alexanders parents were William Hale farmer and Euphemia (Austin) Janes parents were James Johnston farmer and Ann Johnston?? Alexander and Jane were Church of Ireland (on their emigration papers), or Presbyterian (on their death cert.)
I have no information regarding Birmingham. Perhaps another Alexander Hale. Good luck

Posted: 12 Nov 2013 10:07PM GMT
Hi

My grandparents were Alexander Hale and Kathleen Downey. My mother was Margaret Mary Hale (Maggie). Her brother Joe died several years ago; Noreen died many years ago, aged about 30, leaving two children and Kathleen Patricia (Patsy) is still alive and living in the Brimingham area.

What relation are you?
Liz
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 2006-2014 Ancestry.com | Privacy | Cookies | New Terms and Conditions | Operated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.