Search for content in message boards

Giffen,Rodgers,Bigger,McKinney,Corsbie,Finlay,Quirey of Carnmoney,Antrim,Ireland

Giffen,Rodgers,Bigger,McKinney,Corsbie,Finlay,Quirey of Carnmoney,Antrim,Ireland

Nancy Jewel (View posts)
Posted: 13 Sep 2001 11:30PM GMT
Classification: Query
Ihave more surnames than these such as Douglas, Hughes or Hughs, Fulton,Archbold, Smyth, Agnew, Martin,Mathewson/Matheson all in the Carnmoney area. I have amased a huge database of my ancestry there. I have many families that have intermarried as well such as Russell, Carson, Jamison,Crymble, Farquar, Kirk,Johnston, Dick.
Looking for Finlay and Finly's and Hughes information
of current interst will share and exchange

Re: Giffen,Rodgers,Bigger,McKinney,Corsbie,Finlay,Quirey of Carnmoney,Antrim,Ireland

Erin Wukitsch (View posts)
Posted: 11 Mar 2002 2:08PM GMT
I have a GGGGgrandfather named John Barnett who I think may have lived in Carnmoney in the early 1800's before migrating to the US (PA) in the middle of the century. His wife's name was Elizabeth Mathewson. I am wondering if perhaps you might have any records for an Elizabeth, or if you might have any other beneficial info. I can give you info on his descendants if I can just establish the connection between his life in Pennsylvannia and where he lived in Ireland (want to make sure I am not giving out the wrong info). I have kind of hit a brick wall with this and would truly feel blessed if you could help me out. Thank you!

Erin Wukitsch

Re: Giffen,Rodgers,Bigger,McKinney,Corsbie,Finlay,Quirey of Carnmoney,Antrim,Ireland

Nancy (View posts)
Posted: 5 Apr 2002 6:56AM GMT
Yes, the Mathewson/Matheson surname is in the Carnmoney
Presbyterian Parish there in Carnmoney, Ireland.
The only records that I have seen so far are the Marriage
Records from 1709-1892. These records only mention the
names of the Bride and Groom and the date of the Marriage
and sometimes the name of the minister...there is no
other information mentioned.

Posted: 7 Sep 2002 2:26PM GMT
Edited: 6 Dec 2006 3:59PM GMT
I am searching for John Rogers born 1801 in Carnmoney and Jane Mckinney (daughter of Thomas Mckinney) born 1801. John Rodgers/Rogers married Jane in Belfast 1825. Have you anything about them on your data base?

Carolyn

Posted: 13 Jan 2003 2:02AM GMT
Edited: 10 Jan 2006 2:36PM GMT
hello nancy. my name is larry anderson. my great great grandfather was george rodgers. the 1860 census of mifflin twp pa.says he was 32 years old born in ireland. he was married to mariah gilkey. its a shot in the dark but i remember my grandmother mentioning something like tippon. if you or anyone could help i would be grateful. i also am relation to the douglas clan larry.

Rhonda Ange (View posts)
Posted: 14 Jul 2003 8:47PM GMT
Surnames: McKinney
I'm looking for a Samuel McKinney born in 1820. Left Ireland to come to USA in 1851 aboard the Rappahannock which left from Liverpool. I believe this may be my Great great grandfather. Would like more information on him and his parents. Thanks! Rhonda

Posted: 29 Oct 2007 5:50PM GMT
Surnames: Archibald/Archbold
This is a long shot, but I believe my g,grandfather John Archibald/Archbold came from Carnmoney. He was born around 1833-36 and married a lady called Bridget, they had a son called Joseph and lived in Liverpool England before moving to St Helens Lancashire England. John is listed as a bootmaker in 1881c. I have no other info on him or family as all relatives have now passed away. Any detail would be great. Thanks

Posted: 17 Aug 2009 5:12PM GMT
Surnames: Quirey/Dowd
Do you have any information about the Quirey family of John and Mary Quirey? Earliest information I have is that John was born November 23, 1749 in Ireland and died August 31, 1816 in Ireland and his wife Mary was born May 20, 1752 in Ireland and died April 1, 1791 in Ireland. They were tenants of the Earl of Donegal. There is a lease signed by John Quirey and the Earl of Donegal. Two of their children John Quirey b. December 18, 1783 and his wife Jennet Cowan b. about 1785 who were married January 28, 1811 in Carnmoney and Samuel Quirey came to Canada shortly after.

I would appreciate any information regarding this family if you have any.

Thank you

Margaret Dowd

Posted: 12 Oct 2009 5:30AM GMT
hi,i have a ann rodger married luke kelly,also mary hughes ,married bartholomew,all born ireland,around 1860ish, would be glad of any help.thankyou sk

Posted: 13 May 2012 3:59PM GMT
Edited: 13 Aug 2012 2:07AM GMT
Surnames: KENNY, DOUGLAS, GAULT, DOLAN
Looking for Eliza Douglas born 1752 (maybe in England)
d. 3 April 1821 Ballygarvey, Kirkinriola, Co. Antrim (but close to Carnmoney).
Eliza m. Thomas Kenny (1754-1818).
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 2006-2014 Ancestry.com | New Privacy | Cookies | New Terms and Conditions | Operated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.