Search for content in message boards

Fergusons NY, WI, MN Cherokee, Sioux, or other?

Fergusons NY, WI, MN Cherokee, Sioux, or other?

Posted: 8 Nov 2010 4:24AM GMT
Classification: Query
I'm looking for information on the Fergusons who moved from Oneida County (?), New York to Hartford, Washington, Wisconsin and then to Minnesota.

My GGGgrandfather was Charles Ferguson, b. 1803. His son's name was James Ferguson who was born in 1828. His daughter's name was Juliette Ferguson, b. 1859. Juliette was my Great grandmother. She was married to James Madison Porter in either Wisconsin or Minnesota. The had several children most of whom were born in Minnesota.

Juliette, according to my father, was full-blooded Native American, either Cherokee or Sioux. My grandfather, James Madison Porter, and his siblings looked like they must have had at least half Native American.

Does anybody have ANY information on this. If so, which tribe? I am not able to find any information on their nationality at this point.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Lyn

Re: Fergusons NY, WI, MN Cherokee, Sioux, or other?

Posted: 20 Nov 2010 1:06PM GMT
Surnames: Sullivan
Hello, My Ferguson line connects with Sullivan marriages. I have my site as private due to me being a novice with electronics. There is a website that has been more than helpful to me, heycuz, give it a try. +DawnP-B+

Posted: 6 Jun 2012 12:04AM GMT
Ifound a marriage record for James Porter and Julia Ferguson Nov. 7, 1878. Also curious if your Charles was married to Catherine. If so, I know of other children.

Joanne

Posted: 3 Oct 2012 6:11PM GMT
Hi. YES! Her name was Catherine. Vanderwarker. I would be VERY happy to receive a copy of their marriage certificate and also to get acquainted with these people. I have been searching for a long time for information on this part of my family line. Thank you so much for responding to my message. If you would like, my email is lynpor2006@yahoo.com. Please contact me.
Lyn
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 2006-2014 AncestryPrivacyCookiesNew Terms and ConditionsOperated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.