Search for content in message boards

ada SEWARD and alexander HERON, West Derby

ada SEWARD and alexander HERON, West Derby

Posted: 13 Sep 2012 9:45AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 13 Sep 2012 1:42PM GMT
Surnames: HERON,SEWARD
If anyone has any information on these 2 names i would greatly appreciate it esp Alexander heron as i keep hitting blanks.

Ada (Seward)heron. BORN:1908 LIVERPOOL - WEST DERBY

ALEXANDER HERON. BORN: 1902 POSS 1905 LIVERPOOL - WEST DERBY
--- ALEXANDER WAS ALSO CALLED SYD (SYDNEY) AND IN ONE BIRTH CERT THIS WAS GIVEN AS HIS FIRST NAME,YET ON MY MOTHERS COPY OF HER BIRTH CERT HE IS GIVEN ALEXANDER AS HIS FIRST NAME AND NO METION ON SYDNEY ? SO THERE IS SOME CONFUSION AS TO HIS FIRST AND MIDDLE NAMES AND WETHER HE IS ACTUALLY SYDNEY HERON OF WEST DERBY MENTIONED IN THE 1911 CENSUS ?
IF ANYONE COULD HELP PLEASE E-MAIL ME : KAL1974@LIVE.CO.UK

Re: ada SEWARD and alexander HERON, West Derby

Posted: 13 Sep 2012 4:03PM GMT
Classification: Birth
hi
re Alexander Heron, birth 1902 West Derby Liverpool

don't know if this fits re Ada heron, one entry for a Annie Heron birth 1908 birth Toxeth south West Liverpool 1908?

regards James

Posted: 13 Sep 2012 5:00PM GMT
Classification: Biography
Edited: 13 Sep 2012 11:25PM GMT
marriage of Sidney A HERON to Ada SEWARD registered Liverpool Dec qtr 1928 volume 8b page 357

birth of Sidney Alexander HERON registered West Derby Dec qtr 1905 volume 8b page 428.

If you get a copy of his marriage certificate and his father's name is Louis, then he is the Sidney living at 33 Walton Breck Rd, Everton in 1911, parents Louis and Ellen.

Sue

Posted: 14 Sep 2012 8:55AM GMT
dont think its the same one as her maiden name was seward

Posted: 14 Sep 2012 9:04AM GMT
thx sue, god still waiting for the marriage cert, be so glad just to get confirmation theres been so much confusion as there is nr no knowledge of alexander heron, if he is the sydney of walton breck road i can finally start to piece my grandfathers life together . it will be interesting to find out if he has relatives still living and if they have any knowledge of him working at belle vue zoo in the 40's. he was mentioned on Granada tonight news report in the 80's when they were doing a report on the famous clown "cocoa" birthday and he told story's of he and his best friend alex heron ,but thats the only thing i have to go on.

Posted: 14 Sep 2012 9:30AM GMT
Classification: Birth
Hi Kal

Ada Seward birth West Derby 1909 , found on Lancashire Opc site.

cheers James

Posted: 14 Sep 2012 10:43AM GMT
james , do you have the web address of that site ? dont know what the opc means lol thx karl

Posted: 14 Sep 2012 2:52PM GMT
hi Karl

the site you want is the following
lancashire online parish church clerks project

there are several county sites using the OPC program, Cheshire is similar to the Lancashire one

cheers James

Posted: 14 Sep 2012 5:35PM GMT
Ada's 1909 birth reference is on Freebmd but can't see anything for her on LancashireOPC.....did James mean Freebmd?

Sue

Posted: 15 Sep 2012 11:29AM GMT
Hi, Karl and James

Lancashire is extremely well provided with FREE sites for family history.

For local history to about 1850, there is the Victoria County History of Lancashire, a set of 8 massive tomes (about £70 each). These are freely variable on the web at http://www.british-history.ac.uk/catalogue.aspx?gid=20

For information about sources, places, registers, addresses, etc., but NOT people, there is Genuki Lancashire. To my mind, a superb site and the best
of the Genuki County sites. This is at - www.genuki.org.uk/big/eng/LAN/

For finding details of people there are two great sites, that are works in progress, i.e. they are not yet complete and more information is constantly appearing.

For details of the civil registers, there is LancashireBMD (http://www.lancashirebmd.org.uk/ ) This is a copy of the local Registrar's indexes and so is based on the original registers, NOT on the transcriptions at the GRO. For a clear explanation of the difference between the indexes on this site and the ones based on the GRO Indexes,click on the purple button on the LancsBMD opening page. It is incomplete but is being produced by volunteers.

For pre-1837 information there is the Lancashire On-Line Parish Clerk Project (LancsOPC) at http://www.lan-opc.org.uk/ Again a free site, being supported by many volunteers. This site is providing transcriptions of parish registers and some other parish documents. The work has been mainly pre 1837 but increasingly there are transcripts of later registers. As far as I know, these transcripts are FULL transcripts with all the details that appear in the original register.

Finally, there is the Lancashire Parish Register Society. This is over 100 years old and has transcribed most of the early Parish registers of the traditional county. These unitil recently have been published as hard backed books. It has produced almost 200 of these volumes and is increasingly making these availanle on CD. Membership of this society entitle one to all the publications produced in your year of membership. Details of this society are to be found on its web-site - http://www.lprs.org.uk/

I think that the reference to Ada's BIRTHis is from LancsBMD, rather than LancsOPC. There is no reference to her baptism in LancsOPC for 1908+/-5 years, but LancsBMD has two birth references -

Lancashire Birth indexes for the years: 1903
Surname, Forename(s); Sub-District, Registers At; Mother's Maiden Name; Reference
SEWARD, Ada M; West Derby Western; Liverpool; - ; WDW/24/66

Lancashire Birth indexes for the years: 1909
Surname, Forename(s); Sub-District, Registers At; Mother's Maiden Name; Reference
SEWARD, Ada; West Derby Western; Liverpool; - ; WDW/56/93

There are so many registers in the Liverpool Register Office that it has not yet been possible to provide the Mother's Maiden Names.

Hope this helps

Jim Lancaster (Bury Lancs.)

per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 2006-2014 AncestryPrivacyCookiesNew Terms and ConditionsOperated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.