Search for content in message boards

TIPTON

TIPTON

Fred Lauver (View posts)
Posted: 13 Mar 1998 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query

Edward TIPTON, b. 27 Oct 1728 Baltimore; died about 1795 in Bedford Co., PA. Married about 1753 to Jemima MURRAY.
Interested in researching descendants of this man and determining the township where he lived. Contact: Fred_Lauver@prodigy.com.d_Lauver@prodigy.com.

EDWARD TIPTON

Greg Tipton (View posts)
Posted: 27 Apr 1998 12:00PM GMT
You might want to try First Families of Anne Arundel and Baltimore Counties in Maryland this is located on the internet. http://www.rootsweb.com/~mdannear/firstfam/firstfam.htm
Hope this helps.
Posted: 28 Apr 1998 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 15 Feb 2002 8:05PM GMT
You can find this family in early records of Huntingdon Co.,
Pa. Now Blair Co. He live a a place now called the Village of Tipton, Antis Twp. Blair co. He had a daughter Nancy
(Stevens) sons Abendigo, Shadrack, And Meshack maby more.
Several served in the Rev War At Fort Robedeau near Tipton.
DAR has a compliation of the Tiptons.
Posted: 29 Apr 1998 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 17 Oct 2001 6:03PM GMT
Thanks. I have located the Bedford Co. people you mentioned in the book "Soldiers of Blair County," by Floyd G. Hoenstine, 1940. Seems that Meshak TIPTON and Giles STEVENS both served in Captain Thomas Cluggage's Bedford Co. Rangers at Ft. Roberdeau. Giles and Nancy STEVENS TIPTON are listed with issues: Thomas, Shadrack, John William, Vincent, Jabez, Elizabeth, Sarah and Rebecca. Giles died in 1836 and is buried in Bellwood, Blair Co. Was Nancy Edward's only child?

My family is from Bellwood and Altoona, so I'm familiar with the town of Tipton. I never knew the history of Tipton, however. I suppose Meshak's family may have had something to do with it.

No mention of Edward TIPTON, but there is a Luke TIPTON shown as a private in Capt. John Boyd's Bedford Co. Militia for two months and then during the summer of 1780 in Capt J. Igo's Company, Bedford Co. Militia. An excerpt from Luke's diary appears in the book in case anyone is interested. Luke was born in Baltimore County 14 May 1760 and, following the war, resided in Maryland, Virginia, Homes Co., OH, and Weakley Co., TN, in 1853.
Fred

TIPTON

mary tipton (View posts)
Posted: 3 Jul 1998 12:00PM GMT
Edward moved his family to Bedford Co. late 1700's
his children were
Nancy Shadrach Abindigo? Meshac
Luke David John Jessie Thomas Sara
William for more info on this family there is a newsletter put out by the Tiptons it's called
"TFAA" c/o Jo Reeves
2516 Catalina Way
Irving Texas 75060 she is the President you could ask to buy back issues on Edward's family
also Ron Tipton 161 Crawford Road Downingtown, Pa 193351-1240 is the editor he may be able to help you
Posted: 21 Jul 2012 5:05PM GMT
My updated email address is:
genealogy@timevoyagers.com

Fred Lauver
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 2006-2014 AncestryPrivacyCookiesNew Terms and ConditionsOperated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.