Search for content in message boards

Rinkacs families in New Jersey, New York & Pennsylviana

Rinkacs families in New Jersey, New York & Pennsylviana

Posted: 2 Dec 2003 5:44PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Rinkacs, Pal and Ambrosz
Need help for Sandor, Josph, Karoly (Charles), Istvan(Steve), Michal Rinkacs in these three states. Sandor was in Pennsylviana until middle of 1920's. Travelled to Chicago, Illinois with his wife and 4 children. Sandor came in 1896, returned to Hungary in 1907. They have some family with the name of Pal and Ambrosz in New York and New Jersey. Can anyone help me

Geri Loose

Re: Rinkacs families in New Jersey, New York & Pennsylviana

Robert Hanscom (View posts)
Posted: 2 Jun 2005 6:05PM GMT
Surnames: Rinkacs (Rinkach), Szitas, Kish
My grandmother's first cousin, Mary Szitas, was married to Sandor Rinkacs (1878-1949). According to my grandmother's notes, they lived first in Pennsylvania, then moved to Chicago. She also indicated that they changed the spelling of their last name to RINKACH.

Sandor Rinkach died in Chicago in 1949, and Mary died there in 1962. They had five children: Emma, Albert, Zoltan, William, and Marjorie (or Margaret).

Mary was born in Zemplen megye, Hungary about 1883, and was the daughter of Frank [Ferencz] Szitas and his first wife, Mary (Kish) Szitas (c.1856-c.1894). Mary (Kish) Szitas was the younger sister of my great-grandfather, Joseph Kish (1849-1909).

The Rinkacs name appears frequently in Greek Catholic records for Zemplenagard, Zemplen megye, Hungary, the village where my grandmother and her cousin, Mary, were born in the 1880s. I think it's likely that Sandor Rinkacs may have come from the same locale, although I don't know that for certain.

I am in the process of trying to make contact with descendants of Sandor and Mary Rinkach.

Re: Rinkacs families in New Jersey, New York & Pennsylviana

Robert Hanscom (View posts)
Posted: 2 Jun 2005 6:15PM GMT
Surnames: Pal, Szitas, Kish
Forgot in my earlier message to mention that Mary (Szitas) Rinkach (c.1883-1962) [wife of Sandor Rinkach (1878-1949)] had a younger sister named Rose (Szitas) Pal (1885-1955). My grandmother and Rose were born in the same year and stayed in close contact with each other. [My grandmother, Julianna (Kish) Szucs (1885-1984), was a first cousin to both Mary (Szitas) Rinkach and to her sister, Rose (Szitas) Pal.]

Rose Szitas married a man named Ferencz [Frank] Pal. They lived first in Pennsylvania, then moved to Connecticut. I believe they Americanized their last name to PAUL. My grandmother indicated they had four children: Stephen, Andrew, Pearl, and Margaret.

I wonder if this family might be the "Pal relatives" you referenced in your message.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 2006-2014 Ancestry.com | Privacy | Cookies | New Terms and Conditions | Operated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.