Search for content in message boards

HILL Family of Devonport, England Research

HILL Family of Devonport, England Research

Graham Hill (View posts)
Posted: 29 Aug 2003 1:42PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 30 Aug 2003 9:33PM GMT
Surnames: HILL, SMITH
Seeking family or relations of George Albert Hill and Eileen Winifred Hill (nee Smith) who lived in New Zealand in 1936. Married 1937 at Auckland Registry Office.

Re: HILL Family of Devonport, England Research

Posted: 29 May 2009 5:19AM GMT
Hi Graham Are you still looking for any information? I know of an Eileen Winifred SMITH who was born 23rd August 1906 and died as Eileen Winifred HILL 28th April 1938. She was the daughter of Walter Adrick (Ardrick, Hadrick) SMITH and Mary Christina SMITH (nee PETERSEN). I dont know if they had any children but would hardly have had the time if they married in 1937. Do you know the background to George Albert HILL? Was he born in England? I cant find a NZ death for him either.

Posted: 2 Jun 2012 5:13PM GMT
Surnames: Hill Smith
Hi Peter
Sorry I haven't replied to you earlier as I had given up on getting any information.George Albert Hill was my father and he was born in Devonport England. He left home at the age of 16 to work on a Salvation Army farm in New Zealand. That was in 1930.He was near Maungtoroto and he married Winifred Smith in 1937. I have a copy of their Marriage certificate and also the Death certificate for Winifred. He then returned to England and met and married my Mother in Liverpool.They both died of Tubercolosis in 1947. I am hoping you can give me any information you may have about the area they lived in. I can be contacted by email at grahamlesley1969@yahoo.co.uk
Kind regards
Graham Hill

Posted: 15 Dec 2012 9:21PM GMT
Hi Peter
I have tried to contact you before with no luck. If you can get back to me I would be delighted.
George albert Hill was my father.
Regards
Graham ( Hill )
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 2006-2014 Ancestry.comPrivacyCookiesNew Terms and ConditionsOperated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.