Search for content in message boards

Black (book "From a Hollow on the Hill")

From a Hollow on the Hill

Posted: 20 Jan 2001 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 21 Aug 2005 4:18PM GMT
Hello Leila, Saw your message - details of book as follows-
The price is roughly $35 by air and $27.50 surface -but you can check with your bank. I can accept dollar cheques or credit card (by mail!)
From a Hollow on the Hill by Nancy Black

History and Tales of Lorn and Fortingal Families
“A wonderful book” M.McC. Librarian, London
”There are too many books on how to write family histories but not enough good examples to show” S.I. Bookseller, Canada
“She allows the items to speak for themselves and in so doing allows us to open a window upon the world of our Highland ancestors without romantic nonsense” W.McD Maine
”I would recommend it to anyone with ancestry from Argyll. It gives a real insight into life there through the ages” D.B. Scotland
“It has a lot of really good stuff in it” R.L.H. California
“I loved your book” J.McM Canada
“The book is fantastic” C.McC Brisbane
“I started to read it as soon as the postman called and put it down at half past midnight” S.McD Aberdeen

available from Nancy Black, Torwood, Oban, Argyll, Scotland PA34 4LU e-mail nancy@arg.demon.co.uk

Price £15
Postage & Packing Rates By Air 2nd or Surface

UK £3.50

Europe £3.95

Australia & NZ £7.75 £3.89

USA & Canada £7.95 £3.80

Also available by the same author “Courage” - reminiscences of life in wartime Oban Price £5 plus P & P UK 60p Overseas £1.30 (surface)

Black (book "From a Hollow on the Hill")

Posted: 20 Jan 2001 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 29 Aug 2001 1:39AM GMT
Surnames: Black
I have several times tried to email of the message below but it is always returned as "User unknown".
I am very interested in this book. Does anyone know Nancy Black's correct email addy or how and where may I purchase it?
Thank you,
Leila Mayberry

Posted by Nancy Black on Mon, 10 Jul 2000, in response to The surname Black in Tiree, posted by Robert M. Black on Tue, 24 Aug 1999

Surname:
In my book "From a Hollow on the Hill" I give some information on the origins of the name and the dispersal of them. It also gives a description of Living conditions in Argyll.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 2006-2014 Ancestry.com | New Privacy | Cookies | New Terms and Conditions | Operated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.