Search for content in message boards

James in Shropshire UK

James in Shropshire UK

S. James Murphy (View posts)
Posted: 2 Apr 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: James
A guy with an invalid e-mail address but probably called Richy James was seeking James Connections in Much Wenlock area in Shropshire UK, on the UK genuki site.

I am sorry I have not been able to contact him as I also have James ancestors from that area circa 1800-1920.

If he or anyone else who knows him, could they contact me

Re: James in Shropshire UK

Posted: 12 Jan 2007 3:20PM GMT
Hello,

I am curious to know if you were able to resolve finding this particular party.........not that we have any connections but it would be interesting to know if the fellow ever went back and re-read postings. This is a good habit to have even if it is a year or two later because the effort pays of!

For the JAMES surname users in England, you might want to also do a bit of "viewing" in the surname JAMES lists boards on the Rootsweb.com pages.....there is also posting on the U.S. based JAMES surname Family Tree DNA Project with around 100 members already tested.... or in the works of evaluation ......in the short time of it's formation.

I would like to know if there is a similar group in England. We have 2 or 3 British Isles members and could use more. While Wales and England are the general idea of many person's root locale we also see some from Germany, France, and the very old areas of British Empire colonial areas from trades and plantations.

From my own experience with my LEA and VENABLES research in Shropshire I can see where movement for many reasons can also set family links in border areas of Cheshire, Flint, and Montgomery as well as Stafford and Lancashire.

Regards,
Linda

Re: James in Shropshire UK

Posted: 23 Aug 2012 6:19PM GMT
Surnames: Bolt/James
Are you by any chance related to the Venables member who married William Bolt probably in Cheshire area...had several children including William....
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 2006-2014 Ancestry.com | New Privacy | Cookies | New Terms and Conditions | Operated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.