Search for content in message boards

WHERE FROM Souder or Soutter Family emmigrated 1832 to PA, USA from Wurttemburg

WHERE FROM Souder or Soutter Family emmigrated 1832 to PA, USA from Wurttemburg

Posted: 29 Jun 2009 9:35PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 1 Jul 2009 6:05PM GMT
Surnames: Soutter, Souder, Souders, Sowder, Sowders
The family of George (Johann George) Souder, including his wife Agatha, children Sophia age 13, Catherina age 11, Wilhelm age 18, Christian age 16, George, Jr. age 14; also there are Catherine age 18 and Mag, probably Magdalena, age 14, but appear to be other than their children, having same surname, maybe niece/nephew;
I have found them on the Baltimore Customs records but not ships records, so have no German location for the family.
Any help please in identifying the location of this family would be greatly appreciated.

Re: WHERE FROM Souder or Soutter Family emmigrated 1832 to PA, USA from Wurttemburg

Posted: 1 Jul 2009 7:09AM GMT
Hello,
you have given the age of all family members but no year of the source. So, we only can guess when the Souder family members were born. Can you clarify ?
Regards, Martin (Markogen@aol.com research in Wuerttemberg)

Re: WHERE FROM Souder or Soutter Family emmigrated 1832 to PA, USA from Wurttemburg

Posted: 1 Jul 2009 12:54PM GMT
Yes. The ages were from 1832 when they arrived in port in Maryland & US Customs list was written upon arrival from Germany. Thank you very much.

Posted: 1 Jul 2009 12:58PM GMT
Certainly the age of father and mother was also given on this record. Why not in your posting ? Probably you have some additional information like religious denomination, occupation etc.
Regards, Martin (research in Wuerttemberg)

Posted: 1 Jul 2009 4:48PM GMT
Edited: 1 Jul 2009 6:07PM GMT
Surnames: Souder, Sauder, Souter
Actually, I didn't expect anybody to answer my query, thus the lack of detail. I should have worded it better; you are right about that.
I do not know what religious affiliation these people had. The father listed as J G, who I know as George, so probably was Johann Georg, is aged 49 years in 1832; his wife listed as Mrs Souder, maybe Sauder, is actually Agatha and her age was written as 40 years. They removed from Maryland to Pennsylvania shortly after arriving here. No information has been found in my research to denote religion.
Sorry for the lacking details.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 2006-2014 Ancestry.comPrivacyCookiesNew Terms and ConditionsOperated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.