Search for content in message boards

Ira Whiteman PA, NY, MN, FL

Ira Whiteman PA, NY, MN, FL

Posted: 18 Jan 2008 9:27PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: WHITEMAN, HOLLISTER
Looking for any info on Ira Venable WHITEMAN [b.1860 PA - d 1929 FL] married Helena Evelyn HOLLISTER [b 1876 NY -d 1958 FL]. They had the following children: Ruth Eugenia [b 1899 MN]; Hope A. [b 1901 MN]; Myrtle V. [b 1905 MN]; Georgia B. [b 1912 SD]. Any info appreciated. Will share. Barb Kelley

Re: Ira Whiteman PA, NY, MN, FL

Posted: 28 Sep 2012 8:02PM GMT
I am the granddaughter of Hope, daughter of Ira Venable Whiteman. I am also seeing as much information about him as possible. I believe his brother's name was Bill (or William). I was recently told by Hope's niece that Ira was the son of a very wealthy Jewish man, possibly John W. Whiteman, whose wife's maiden name was Hultz. Supposedly, John was unkind to his family, lavishing his wealth on others and being very influential in the town in which they lived (somewhere in PA). Apparently, Ira ran away from home and was estranged from his father. I have NO confirmation on any of this; I just learned it two weeks ago visiting Hope's relatives in Tampa. How are you connected to this family?

Re: Ira Whiteman PA, NY, MN, FL

Posted: 23 Oct 2013 7:54PM GMT
Surnames: Whiteman, Hultz
I came across this just now. For some reason I am not getting my messages. Here is what I've found out so far. The father's name has been shown as John W. & John E. He did have a brother William L [have seen it listed as Lonzo. Seems he also had the following siblings: William b abt. 1848; Kate b abt. 1860; Sallie b abt. 1866 & a brother, Robert B. b abt. 1849. Robert B. was in the 1850 census but didn't show up after that so he must have died. Ira was listed as Isaac in the 1860 & 1870 census. All were still at home in the 1870 census. All children born in PA & father. Mother may have been born in NJ since all census listed NJ as place of birth. They seemed to have been always in the area of Philadelphia Co., PA. There is a marriage for a John E. Whiteman Phiadelphia Co., PA married 31 Oct 1847 to Emmeline Hultz b. 1826 Netherlands. Of course, in the census, info is not always correct. Sometimes they would change their name as they wanted to, more or less, disappear. That could be why Isaac became Ira after he left home. Also, there is an Emeline that died in 1875 in Philadelphia. By working together, maybe we can find more info. I am not related to this family. I am doing this for a long time friend of my son. I am doing it for Charles Lopez. I live in St Petersburg, FL. II do know that Ira died in Trenton, FL where one of the daughter's lived at the time. From what I gather, both Ira & Helena are buried in St Pete in a cemetery near where I live. Looking forward to hearing from you & sharing info. Barb It may be better to contact me at: wvmountain2@hotmail.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 2006-2014 Ancestry.comPrivacyCookiesNew Terms and ConditionsOperated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.