Search for content in message boards

Big Creek Area, Pike County KY

Big Creek Area, Pike County KY

Greg Scott (View posts)
Posted: 8 Jan 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: SCOTT, SMITH, BLACKBURN, CRIGGER, REED, VARNEY, MORRIS, HANKINS, GOOSLIN, TROUT, TROUTT, MAY
Prior to grandparents passing away (and prior to moving to Florida) I got as much information as possible and was able to trace family back to mid-1800s. Looking for further information on: Scott, Smith, Blackburn, Crigger, Reed, Varney, Morris, Hankins, Gooslin and/or May from the Big Creek (Canada, Sidney) Area of Pike County, Kentucky. Most information I've been able to so far find for myself is limited to Johns Creek and further west. Please e-mail if you have pertinent info. Thanks!

Additions to surname list

Greg Scott (View posts)
Posted: 9 Jan 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: HUNT, MAYNARD
Two more surnames discovered for my family. More info--the Big Creek area is close by to Stone, KY, and the Pond Creek area.

Big Creek Area

Linda Runyon (View posts)
Posted: 10 Jan 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: VARNEY
I may be able to help you with your surnames, particularly Varney. Please see my website, and e-mail me if you have any question. The URL is:
www.geocities.com/Hearland/Ridge/4108

Another surname addition

Greg Scott (View posts)
Posted: 10 Jan 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: GANNON
My mother remembered that one of my gg grandmothers was a Gannon (from Pike County, KY).
Posted: 24 Jan 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 6 Jul 2001 6:46PM GMT
Surnames: Gannon
What Gannon's in Pike County are you researching? I am interested in William Gannon, Rev War Veteran. Happy to exchange info with you.

William Gannon

Greg Scott (View posts)
Posted: 5 Feb 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Gannon
Zandra, I have made a connection to a William Gannon whose son was Daniel Gannon b.1796...Daniel's granddaughter, Sarah Ann (d/o Johnathon Gannon & Perlicia Williamson) b.September 12, 1864 (I believe in Pike Co. KY) was my ggg grandmother. Let me know if there's a connection and if this is the same William Gannon you are researching as I'm currently at a dead end.

Varney ancestery

Deborah Drake (View posts)
Posted: 30 Mar 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Varney
May possibly related to Varney's from Pike Co. , my grandmothers maiden name was Mattie Varney. Please send any info you have or where I can odtain more info. My grandmother had Cherokee Indian links if this helps.Sincerely, Deborah Drake

Morris Family

Andria Henderson (View posts)
Posted: 2 Jun 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Morris, Pinson, Stratton, Bevins, Phillips, Fuller
I am looking for Info on the following surnames: Morris, Pinson, Stratton, Bevins, Phillips, and Fuller, that have links to the John's Creek area of Pike County. I have names but no dates. If you can offer any info please contact me at battlecat@hotmail.com

Thanks
Andria

looking for info on Scotts/Weddingtons

Posted: 8 Jun 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 4 Jul 2001 1:35AM GMT
Surnames: Scott, Weddington, Justice, Gillium
I am looking for information on the Scotts and Weddingtons of Pike Co. KY Have web page at http://www.tir.com/~mkmary/

TROUT

John Blair (View posts)
Posted: 14 Jun 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: TROUT, DAMRON, BLAIR
Not sure if this will much help, but in our BLAIR research, Caroline Matilda Blair married a Christian Damron who was born in 1838. He was the son of a Spurlock & Sarah Trout Damron. John Blair
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 2006-2014 AncestryPrivacyCookiesNew Terms and ConditionsOperated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.