Search for content in message boards

Gustav Adolph Palm and Mathilda Christine Nilsen

Gustav Adolph Palm and Mathilda Christine Nilsen

Posted: 9 Aug 2010 1:34PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Palm and Nilsen
I am looking for Gustav Adolph Palm and his second wife, Mathilda Christine Nilsen from Sweden. Gustav's DOB 7 Dec. 1831 in Bjornekulla, Kristianstad, Sweden. His first wife (unknown) had Charles DOB 1860 in Sweden. Not sure where Gustav married Mathilda--Sweden or Massachusetts, USA. Gustav died in 1884 at age 53 in Millbury, Massachusetts.
Would anyone have any information about Gustav, his first wife or Mathilda?
Thanks for your help. Please reply to rosemaryboyer1.

Re: Gustav Adolph Palm and Mathilda Christine Nilsen

Posted: 9 Aug 2010 8:25PM GMT
There's a Gustav & Matilda Palm family in the 1880 US Census in MA, Worcester co., Worcester city. Appear to be living at 1 Lincoln st., with at least 4 other families. Date of Census: 10 JUN 1880.

Gustav is 49 yrs old, born Sweden, as were his parents
Matilda is 27 yrs old, born Sweden, as were her parents

Children:
Albert, 1 yr old, born MA
Charles, 20 yrs old, born Sweden

Enoch, 17 yrs old, is listed as nephew, born Sweden, parents born Sweden

All males except Albert working in Mills.

If you go to http://pilot.familysearch.org, and search for gustave palm in worcester, ma, you'll find marriages of 3 kids and the death of Gustav. Matilda's maiden name appears to be Matilda C Malcolm.

Wade

Posted: 9 Aug 2010 9:04PM GMT
Thank you for helping me. What a great website that is.
Although, I must say, I am so confused on all the different spellings of names of my greatgrandparents. It was exciting, however, to see the information of their marriages and my greatgrandfather's death information.
Thank you for giving me this gift of information.
You wouldn't be knowledgeable about Swedish genealogy? I can't seem to go back into Sweden with this family line. I was told that Gustav and Mathilda were born in Sweden.
Thank you again and enjoy the day.
Rose

Posted: 10 Aug 2010 7:13AM GMT
He is called only Gustaf (not Gustav Adilph) in his birth record, GID 1630.7.52600, [Kristianstad] Björnekulla, Births,Marriages, 1778-1845, page 299, Image 161.

Birth date: 7 Dec 1831
Bapt. date: 8 Dec
Mother's age(?): 47(?)
Name: Gustaf
Parents: son of parish shoemaker Troed Palm and its wife Bengta Jeppsdotter at number 9 Björnekulla.

They are found at Björnekulla number 9 in GID 1630.15.50200, [Kristianstad] Björnekulla, Household examination, 1828-1838, page 88, Image 119:

- parish shoemaker Troed Palm, born 1785-04-05 Björnekulla, died 1840-01-13.
- wife Bengta Jeppsdotter, born 1784 Björnekulla,.
- 11 children born 1814-1834.

In the next HFL they are all crossed out, but without recording where they moved, and Gustaf's birth date is recorded as 6 Apr 1831, in GID 1630.16.65300, [Kristianstad] Björnekulla, Household examination, 1838-1845, Image 100.

// Bo Johansson

Posted: 10 Aug 2010 10:52AM GMT
Thank you for helping me with this line of my family.
Rose
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 2006-2014 Ancestry.com | Privacy | Cookies | New Terms and Conditions | Operated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.