Search for content in message boards

JOHNSON, Alice Mae & Father Ike, Stoddard County, MO

JOHNSON, Alice Mae & Father Ike, Stoddard County, MO

Posted: 22 Jun 2013 9:26PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Johnson, Hartline
I am looking for information on my Great Grandmother Alice Mae JOHNSON she was the daughter of one Ike JOHNSON. I do not know who her mother was. I also have no other information on her father Ike. His name may have been Isaac aka Ike JOHNSON. Grandmother Alice married my Great Grandfather John Newman (Lack) HARTLINE. They were married 2 June, 1906 in Stoddard County, Missouri. Her death certificate states she was born 12 August, 1889 in Missouri and she died 25 March, 1954,in Malden, Dunklin, Missouri.
Her marriage record to John states that it authorization was given by the parents and guardian of the couple. So that leads me to believe that Alice may have had a legal Guardian. I have been looking for years and not turning up anything. I recently had my DNA tested and am finding lots of JOHNSON matches but I cannot tie anyone in particular into my tree, I need more of a paper trail to back it up. If anyone knows anything about who her parents were I would appreciate a tip. So that research is not repeated, I already have the following documentation on her: Marriage Record to John HARTLINE, Census for 1920-1940, and Death Certificate for Alice, which only lists her fathers name as Ike JOHNSON and mothers name is listed as Unknown. I have a Find a Grave entry for her that I created as well. No other documentation. Would appreciate any leads. Thank you!

Re: JOHNSON, Alice Mae & Father Ike, Stoddard County, MO

Posted: 23 Jun 2013 8:45PM GMT

Marriage record says the marriage license was issued on an affidavit from the Guardian and the father of the named parties (N U Hartline under the age of twenty one and Alice Johnson under the age of eighteen.)

Information as to whose father and who was the guardian not stated. Ceremony performed by William A Ward MG at the bride's home. Where is this affidavit of the guardian ?

20 June 1900 Bernie village, Liberty township, Stoddard MO
H Hartline Feb 1841 Germany married 18 yrs arrived 1842 died 01 Jan 1915 burial McMerta Cemetery son in law S M (Silas Marion) Crane informant who is also buried McMerta Cemetery along with Luther Hartline
E U Hartline ? 1847 IL bore 3 children 2 living
dtr M V Hartline June 1883 Williamson Co IL - Minnie Viola married Silas M Crane/Crain in 1901 and died 05 April 1922 in Liberty from typhoid/pneumonia; death certificate says mother was Eliza Gambill burial Hagy graveyard
son Newman Hartline Mar 1888 MO
niece L E Summers Oct 1882 IL parents IL who were probably John Summers b. IL 1855 and Mary Gambill b. IL 1857 who married Williamson Co IL 25 Mar 1877 dtr Ada A Summers born 1880.

There was no Alice May Johnson listed in 1900 census in Stoddard county or elsewhere with father named Isaac/Ike, etc. I'm thinking she is the party who had a guardian.

HARTTIN (Hartline), HENRY M married GAMBILL, ELIZA (MRS) 1882-02-02 E 251 WILLIAMSON county Illinois

Aug 1850 Duck Creek, Stoddard MO
Miles Johnson 48 NC
Sarah Johnson 22 MO
Abner Johnson 16 IA or Indiana 1834
Daniel Johnson 14 IA
Elizabeth Johnson 12 IA
William Johnson 8 MO
Missouri Johnson 1 MO
Isaac Johnson 0 MO

1860 Duck Creek Stoddard MO
Abner Johnson 26
Lucinda Johnson 24
Thomas D Johnson 6
Isaac W Johnson 5
Jackson Johnson 1
Thomas Gayley 17

1870 Duck Creek Stoddard MO
Abner Johnson 35
Louisa Johnson 35
Thos Johnson 15
Isaac Johnson 14
James Johnson 10
Marion Johnson 8
Rachel Johnson 6
Samuel Johnson 4
Frances Johnson 2
John Johnson 1

1880 Duck Creek Stoddard MO
Abner Johnson 46 IN remarried 28 Mar 1877
wife Ella/Ellen N "Dumbar" Johnson 21 GA
Miles Marion Johnson 17
Rachel L Johnson 16
son Francis M Johnson 13
John Johnson 11
Joseph Johnson 09

Name: Isaac W Johnson
Marriage Date: 22 Sep 1889
Marriage Location: Stoddard, Missouri
Marriage County: Stoddard
Spouse Name: Elizabeth Crane

Neither Isaac W Johnson nor an Elizabeth Crane were found in the 1880 census in Stoddard county.

Isic N Johnson
20 Nov 1849 - 23 Nov 1918
Bell City Cemetery, Stoddard County

This covers Isaac W Johnson that lived in Stoddard county.

I am not related.

Re: JOHNSON, Alice Mae & Father Ike, Stoddard County, MO

Posted: 24 Jun 2013 1:58AM GMT
Thanks for the census leads on the Isaac JOHNSON in Stoddard County. I am aware of the possible Guardian for Alice Mae. I guess I need to see if there is anything held in the courts for her.
My DNA has recently matched me to a line of JOHNSONS and there are 3 Isaac JOHNSONS in that line, however, I have yet been able to place any Alice Mae JOHNSON within any of their households either. My match there leads me back to one Isaac Denton JOHNSON who had a son named Isaac JOHNSON and Isaac Denton JOHNSON had a nephew named Isaac JOHNSON as well.
With JOHNSON being such a common surname it has been very hard to track her down. Ill check into the one you have listed from Stoddard County, Mo and see what turns up.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 2006-2014 Ancestry.comPrivacyCookiesNew Terms and ConditionsOperated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.