Search for content in message boards

DINEEN/CONNELLY

DINEEN/CONNELLY

Posted: 27 Feb 2005 5:35AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 7 Aug 2008 9:45AM GMT
Surnames: Brooks, Dineen, Heading, Jenkins, Loman, Noble, O'Mahoney
Hi Heather,
I have done some research in the Adelaide Archives, but living in the outback doesn't always help my cause!
I'm looking for information on how the following people came to SA:
Daniel Dineen (B 1810? Co Cork IRE) married Catherine Connelly (IRE) and came to Australia - how?
Daniel & Catherine's son Daniel (b 1839 IRE) married Mary O'Mahoney (IRE) and came to Australia - how? He must have come by 1862.
Daniel & Mary's son Daniel Joseph was apparently born 24-12-1864 or 1865 in Beltana, SA - birth record unable to be found - any leads? Daniel died 17-10-1931 - Where?
These next bits have to do with the whole Dineen/Heading family tree:
Aileen Patricia Dineen (b 17 or 19/5/1920) - died?
Her husband, Walter John Heading b abt 1925 Hectorville. Died?
James Jenkins & his wife- b,d,m? Had daughter Myra Myrtle b Port Adelaide 1887.
Martha Ann Loman's (b 27/7/1851)parents?
Parents of Anne "Nellie" Noble b 12/1/1889 Payneham
Death of Walter Thomas Heading b 4/8/1887 Campbelltown
And how did these people come to SA:
Parents of/and Ann Brooks b 27/9/1818 Eynesbury, Cam,Eng
William Heading 24/12/1812 (Borun Eng)
John heading 9/2/1846 (B Bourn Cam Eng)
Hope that is enough info:
Look forward to hearing from you.
Cheers
Kate
Roxby Downs

Re: DINEEN/CONNELLY

Heather Hobbis (View posts)
Posted: 5 Mar 2005 3:02AM GMT
Edited: 7 Aug 2008 9:49AM GMT
Surnames: Dineen, Gray, Heading, Lomman, Noble, O'Mahoney, Strong
Hi Kate

I was in the Mortlock Library (Adelaide) yesterday and had a look for answers to some of the queries you asked. Unfortunately I did not find an answer to every request, but the following is what I did manage to find:-

ARRIVAL FROM OVERSEAS.

Daniel Dineen, labourer from Co. Cork aged 40yrs, and wife, Catherine aged 35yrs and son, possibly James (writing very poor on original passenger list) aged 4 years arrived in South Australia 3rd April 1858 aboard the "Nugget".

I could not find an arrival of Daniel and Mary nee O'Mahoney pre 1862.

Our death records only go from 1842-1915. Therefore I was unable to find a death record for Aileen Patricia Dineen in 1920, or Aileen's husband, Walter John Heading c1925.

ARRIVAL FROM OVERSEAS.

William Heading, farm labourer from Cambridge, aged 29yrs, married, wife Lucy aged 24yrs, son William aged 5 years, George, son aged 2 years arrived in South Australia aboard the "Joseph Rowan" which arrived in South Australia 18th June 1854, and sailed from Liverpool.

Aboard the same ship were also:-

William Heading, farm labourer and ploughman, of Cambridge aged 42yrs, wife Ann aged 38yrs, William aged 1 years, John aged 8 years, Simon aged 5 years, Charles aged 3 years, Betsy, domestic servant aged 18yrs, Anne, domestic servant aged 16yrs, domestic servant.

BIRTH.

The only child born to Henry Lomman and Martha nee Strong in our birth records 1842-1906 was:-

Harry Lomman born in 1858.

ANN BROOKS.

I did everything I could to record the arrival of Ann Brookes. Our arrival records are actually photocopies of the ORIGINAL passenger lists which were supposedly handed in to the Gov. of the day upon a ship's arrival. Needless to say a large no. of passenger lists were never passed on. However, we do have quite a large range of passenger lists, and the index quite clearly shows an arrival of an Ann Brooks. Unfortunately when I opened the passenger list book to look up the details on Ann, the writing was so pale it was absolutely impossible for me to decipher the writing.

BIRTHS & MARRIAGE

Nellie Noble born 12th January 1889 to William Noble and Alice Jane Gray at Marden, District Norwood. reference book 431 page 158

William Noble born 1854 in Adelaide, married 26th November 1877 at Woodforde South Australia to Alice Jane Gray.

I am aware there a few things which you were hoping for which I could not find in our records.

Feel free to get back to me anytime you want help on anything/anyone. I would prefer that you get back to my email address.

Regards
Heather
in a cold, windy day
in Adelaide.

Re: DINEEN/CONNELLY

Posted: 24 Mar 2013 3:20AM GMT
Hi, I've sent an invite for you to view my WATTS-HEADING-COLLISON family tree in Ancestry. I reackon you will find some intersting facts etc regarding your researcgh interests.My grandmum was a NOBLE and my mum married a HEAING. I've also heard my sisters talk of the Dineens when we lived at Lockleys.
Regards,
Dennis Watts

per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 2006-2014 Ancestry.com | New Privacy | Cookies | New Terms and Conditions | Operated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.