Search for content in message boards

Meagher, Michael

Meagher, Michael

Posted: 23 Feb 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Biography
Edited: 18 Jul 2001 10:36PM GMT
Surnames: Meagher, O'Dwyer, Corcoran
In the works entitled "Who Was Who, 1916 - 1928" published by Adam & Charles Black, London, 1929, I found on page 720 the following information:

"MEAGHER, Michael, M.P. (N.) North Kilkenny, 1906 - 18; farmer; b. 27 Feb. 1846; s. of Patrick Meagher, J.P., Tullaroan, and Mary Josephine O'Dwyer, Graystown Castle. Co. Tipperary; m. 1881, Johanna, o. d. of William Corcoran, Ballingarry, Co. Tipperary. Educ.: St. Patrick's College, Mountrath. Queen's Co. Took part in the Fenian rising, 1867. Address: Chestnut Villa, Tullaroan, Co. Kilkenny. (Died Dec. 1927.)"

Re: Meagher, Michael

Anne Hussey (View posts)
Posted: 19 Apr 2002 3:31AM GMT
Classification: Query
I was excited to read a reply from Bill Meagher regarding Michael Meagher, M.P. North Kilkenny. I am the daughter of Bridget Meagher, Michael's daughter, who died in l957, living in Connecticut, USA. I had the opportunity last year of visiting the English Parliament and obtaining all of Michael's speeches, which was very exciting. I'm wondering who you are, Bill Meagher.

My mother and I visited Kilkenny in l953. We had a wonderful visit with a Mrs. Aylward, who put out he Kilkenny newspaper. I often wonder about her family.

Anne Meagher Hussey
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 2006-2014 Ancestry.com | New Privacy | Cookies | New Terms and Conditions | Operated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.