Search for content in message boards

Gibb - Paisley, Scotland

Gibb - Paisley, Scotland

Posted: 3 Jan 2008 1:22AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Gibb, Young, Gilmour, Miller, Mason
Thomas Gibb m. Janey Young 1822.
Son: ALexander Gibb (1827) m Janet Jamieson Gilmour(1823)
John Gilmour Gibb (1855) m Agnes Boyd Miller (Millar) (1855)
William John Gibb (1885) m Alice Mason in 1913.
John William Gibb 1913-2003

Re: Gibb - Paisley, Scotland

Posted: 20 Jan 2008 10:23PM GMT
Surnames: GIBB
Hello, I have a long line of Gibb research in Paisley Renfrew. Please contact me at darkwing@shaw.ca so that we can explore if there may be a connection.

Kind regards
Gail
Sidney by the Sea
B.C. Canada

Posted: 6 Jan 2010 10:42PM GMT
Unbelievably I never saw this reply to an Ancestry.com posting, that you posted back in 2008!
If you still have research on the Gibb family in Paisley/Renfrew Scotland, I would love to connect with you to see if anything matches my own research.
Thanks for the reply.
elizabeth gibb
egibb@maine.rr.com

Posted: 3 Feb 2010 3:21AM GMT
Surnames: Leitch, Gibb,Wilkie,Beith
I just noticed this thread regarding Gibb of Paisley and haven't yet done much research into my Gibbs. I have Margaret Gibb married Neil Leitch at Paisley High Church 12 Nov 1858. They had issue: Janet, Christina, Margaret, Neil, Archibald, Duncan, Samuel and Alexander. Alexander is my Grandfather. Do these names ring any bells?
Ruth Fletcher nee Leitch.

Posted: 22 May 2010 11:59AM GMT
Surnames: Gibb
I would love some information about the Gibb family. The earliest Gibbs I can find are James Gibb (b. Paisley 1775) and James Gibb (b. Paisley 1762). Can you provide any insights into these men?

Many thanks
Libby

Posted: 22 May 2010 3:25PM GMT
Hello Libby,

Please contact me at darkwing@shaw.ca and we can continue from there.

Thank you

Posted: 21 Sep 2011 9:59PM GMT
Hi , would all members connected to Paisley Gibb's please
message me - off the back of tonight's Who Do You Think You Are with Robin Gibb tracing his great grandad back to Paisley , the local historical and development group will be running hopefully this the first of many Geneology projects -then we can send our findings back to BBC and Robin , Thanks Lorraine

Posted: 22 Sep 2011 5:43PM GMT
Hello, I do quite a bit of research on the Gibb family and run a Yahoo Group Gibb - Gibbe which is free. It details a lot of the family history and anyone who can contribute and benefit from the information is welcome.

Posted: 31 Mar 2013 8:25PM GMT
Hi, I'd love to know if you see any connection between your Gibbs and Fulton Gibb (b. 23 July 1787 in Paisley) whose father was James Gib

Posted: 1 Apr 2013 9:50PM GMT
I haven't found any Fulton Gibb yet, but I will keep this email, and contact you if i ever come across him.
Happy to find another Gibb researcher!
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 2006-2014 AncestryPrivacyCookiesNew Terms and ConditionsOperated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.