Looking for info on my background. My coat of arms is
black with a lion clawing at three stars. I am of welsh,
irish, and english descent.

Llewllyn ap Gruffydd

Verna Maleski (View posts)
Posted: 12 Mar 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Griffith
My family history book goes back to 1741. It mentions that we are believed to be descendants of the last King of Wales (Llewellyn ap Griffith) My 7-great-grandfather came from Wales in 1682 with 2 brothers, Orlando & Howard. William settled in New Castle Co Del. Possibly we are related?

Griffith

Verna Maleski (View posts)
Posted: 13 Mar 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Griffith
Thanks for responding. There were 3 brothers that came from Wales, William (my grandfather), Orlando & Howard. I have no information on Orlando or Howard. Do you have any information other than your family line traces to the King of Wales?

Reply to Message

Jessica Griffith (View posts)
Posted: 13 Mar 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 23 Jun 2001 3:32PM GMT

Thank you for replying. Perhaps we are related. My
geneology goes back to the last King of Wales also.
Perhaps the family branched off?

Price Griffiths

Posted: 6 Apr 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 8 Sep 2002 7:12PM GMT
Surnames: Price, Griffiths
William Owen Price married Mary Griffiths in Wales. T nnnnnnnnnson John William Price in 1867 who migrated to australia and married Jane Giffin, They then resised in Townsville Queensland Australia.

GRIFFITH

Sharon (View posts)
Posted: 16 Apr 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: GRIFFITH
Hello!
I too am interested in this line of GRIFFITHs. I am also interested in the lines for Orlando and Howard. My father told me as a child that I was related to the last Prince of Wales.

Jenkins Family Tree.

John Jenkins (View posts)
Posted: 7 May 1999 12:00PM GMT
Hello Jessica,
If you could be more specific with your request for info. on the Jenkins family, perhaps I could help. You do realise that Wales is full of Jenkins's, I should know I lived there for 36 years.
Kind Regards,
John Jenkins.

Price

Cheryl Harrington (View posts)
Posted: 9 May 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Price
I'm not sure if there is any connection I've come to stand still for a David Price who was born 1857. His family orginiated in Wales and had the name Pryce but changed it to Price. I believe he was a sailor and came to Australia and settled in Tasmania. He married a Rebecca Calhoun in 1885 in Hobart Tasmania. They had 2 sons and 4 daughters. My grandfather Hugh Franklin settled in Lismore NSW and had 2 sons. Hoping you may be able to help.
Cheryl Harrington

GRIFFITHS, LLEWELLYN

mary s. bull (View posts)
Posted: 19 Jun 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: GRIFFITHS
Hi!
My Llewellyn GRIFFITHS was born in Wales Sept 8, 1868.
I find lots of Griffiths from Wales but so far no luck with my grandfather. Came to USA, Va. around 1888. Any connection? Thanks Mary

Griffiths

B New (View posts)
Posted: 14 Jul 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 23 Jun 2001 3:32PM GMT
See book on Griffiths family.. Early in Wales and later (1700's) in U.S.) "OUR KIN" by W.H Manning, Jr
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 2006-2014 Ancestry.comPrivacyCookiesNew Terms and ConditionsOperated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.