Search for content in message boards

Thomas Wooldridge and Ann Povall Wooldridge Family

Thomas Wooldridge and Ann Povall Wooldridge Family

Posted: 14 Oct 2013 9:06PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 15 Oct 2013 1:27PM GMT
Surnames: WOOLDRIDGE, POVALL, HENDERSON
I'm searching for information on the Thomas Wooldridge and Ann Povall family who started out in Chesterfield, Virgnia and ended up in Buckingham County, Virgnia.

Information I have found from other trees online is that Thomas Wooldridge was born in 1748 in Chesterfield County, Virginia. He married Ann Povall on April 25, 1775 in Cumberland County, Virginia.

I have found several different trees giving different children's names and birth years:

Thomas P.
Charles
Martha Patsy
Mary Polly
George
John S
Elizabeth
Betsy

I'm a descendant of Martha Patsy Wooldridge, born 1779, married James Henry Henderson in Elbert County, Georgia circa 1800. They had at least six children: WIlliam, Thomas Jordan, Mary Wooldridge, Sarah Elizabeth, and Pennina. This family later moved to Lawrence County, Alabama and to Noxubee County, Mississippi before finally settling in Colorado County, Texas.

I'm trying to find more information on this family, especially looking for solid evidence (records) linking Martha Patsy Woolridge to her parents.

Thanks,
Juliet Morgan

Re: Thomas Wooldridge and Ann Povall Wooldridge Family

Posted: 14 Oct 2013 11:48PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Wooldridge
Juliet,

You will want to consult William C. Wooldridge's work The Wooldridge Family, published in 2002 by Sheridan Books, Fredericksburg, VA.

William C. Wooldridge is an outstanding genealogist and his two volume work is cornucopia of information about the Wooldridge family.

Best wishes,

Robert N. Grant
15 Campo Bello Court
Menlo Park, CA 94025
RNGrant@grantandgordon.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 2006-2014 Ancestry.com | Privacy | Cookies | New Terms and Conditions | Operated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.