Search for content in message boards

CAUDLES IN ALABAMA

CAUDLES IN ALABAMA

CYNTHIA WILLIAMS (View posts)
Posted: 24 May 2001 9:44AM GMT
I AM TO FIND THE FATHER OF JOHN A. CAUDLE.HE WAS BORN ABT 1855 IN GA.HE MARRIED LUCY ALLRED IN BLOUNT CO. AL.

Re: CAUDLES IN ALABAMA

Posted: 23 Jun 2009 5:48PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Caudle
Here's something interesting found on one of the census I have for John Alford Caudle - at the top of the following page (pg 8, John is at the bottom of pg 7) of the 1880 census is a Wm B Caudle, with a mother listed as Caroline born in 1830, and a sister listed as Emma I born 1861. The age difference between John and William is approximately a year, both were born in Georgia, and they could more than likely be brothers.

Posted: 30 May 2010 4:24PM GMT
Surnames: Caudle, Allred
I've been tracing Gilbert Nelson Caudle 1885-1961 (my grandfather's line), who was born in Alabama. His father was William B Caudle, born 1849 in Georgia. In the 1850 census, he is listed as 1 year old in Habersham, GA. His mother was Caroline Allred (b. 1830). His father was Gilbert Caudle or Caudell (b. 1828 in Georgia). He married Caroline in 1847 in Franklin County, GA, and died in Richmond, VA of measles in 1864 during the civil war. That's why in the 1880 census, you see William B's mother Caroline living with him as a widow in Alabama. I can't figure out if John Alford Caudle is a brother of William B. or not, and I haven't been able to figure out who Gilbert's parents were. But isn't it interesting that Caroline's maiden name is Allred? You might try different spellings for Caudle in your searches, like Caudell and Caudill, even Candell. I found several transcription variations.

Posted: 30 May 2010 6:13PM GMT
Surnames: Caudle Allred
John,

I have found a connection between Lucy A. Allred, the wife of John Alford Caudle, and Caroline Melissa Allred, the mother of William B. Caudle. Lucy's father is Solomon B. Allred, whose father is Nathan, whose father is Thomas Jr., whose father is Thomas Sr. Caroline's father is John Allred, whose father is Elias Sr., whose father is Thomas Sr. Both had the same great grandfather, and both married Caudle's Interesting, aye?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 2006-2014 Ancestry.comPrivacyCookiesNew Terms and ConditionsOperated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.