Thanks

Tracy

William Brooks

Heather Pruett (View posts)
Posted: 25 Apr 2001 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Pruett, Asbury, Ramsey, Bandy
Hi from WV

I have a question for you?First of all William and Nancy are my g.g.g.g.g grandparents as far as I can tell.Anyway ,do you know where the graves are and you just need directions to the grave yard or are you looking for the graves themselves?I do not know where they are but if you are not familiar with the area I can give you directions to Thompson Valley.Just let me know.My line is their daughter Levicy to her son William Brooks Asbury(also another line from William2 brother Fielding) to Rachel Asbury to her son Sherman Pruett to his son Lance Pruett who was my Gramps.Thanks

HEATHER

Re: William Brooks

Posted: 27 Jul 2001 12:34PM GMT
Classification: Cemetery
Edited: 2 Sep 2002 12:41PM GMT
Surnames: Brooks, Browning, Dills, Sheltons, Wolf
Hi from WV also , Well we are not sure we are from William Brooks . My Great Grandmother was Sabina Brooks born Tazewell Co in 1869, she was the daughter of John and M.A. Brooks he was listed as a wagon maker . We were there last year looking for there graves . We were not able to locate any cemeteries down there . Does any one have information on this family ? Thompson Valley is a beautiful place. Paul

Posted: 28 Jul 2001 4:36AM GMT
Edited: 15 Feb 2003 6:16AM GMT
I was able to find the graves, but couldn't find out who owned the land to get permission to go right up to the graves. I have quite a bit of info on the family but not with me at the moment. I'll go through what I have and get back to you.

William Blackwell (View posts)
Posted: 15 Aug 2001 11:10AM GMT
IWilliam and Nancy Brooks are my 4th Greatparents. I have a photo of their gravesite.Coming out of Tazewell on Rte 16, and following Rte 16 through Frog Level, you will come to a store and just past that is rte 604, take that, The grave is not far from there, up on a hill ,visable from the road to your right. Also you might go to site www.rootsweb.com/~genepool/brookswm.htm to read about him and obtain further genealogical data on him and his family.

Lisa Griffith Bradford (View posts)
Posted: 31 Aug 2001 2:19AM GMT
Surnames: Brooks, Bowling, Billips, Bowman
I am William Brooks 5th great Grand Daughter via his son James. I am also related thru his son Thomas but that is at least one extra generation. My mother's grandparents were both distant cousins on the Brooks line.

I have a fair amount of information on the Brooks line both from publications, personal research and the internet.

Feel free to email me and I will share what I can. I was raised in Bluefield in Tazewell county.

Posted: 10 Aug 2002 2:04AM GMT
I believe we are related. I'm doing research on the Brooks family. I hail from William M. Brooks born around 1700, location undetermined. The Brooks line originates in my g-g grandmother, Frances "Fanny" Brooks (b. @ 1848 in Logan County (W)Va.

I have hit a brick wall concerning that of Willam M. Brooks and was wondering if you had any information regarding him.

Thanks!!
Christina - RedBronte@AOL.com

Posted: 12 May 2005 3:08AM GMT
I'm afraid I don't have any help for you on William M, but I did want to give you a shout. We are researching a lot of the same folks. I am descended from Fanny's Brother Franklin and also her sister Malinda. I'm also related to the Farmer's and Daniels. I would enjoy sharing photo's or info if you are interested.

Christina Stricker-Whitlatch (View posts)
Posted: 12 May 2005 6:50PM GMT
My grandmother is Dolly Farmer Young.

My great grandmother is Martha Cozart (b: Nov 22, 1877 - Wyoming County, WVa) who married William R. Farmer (aka Bill b: Nov 30, 1869). They were married on May 28, 1896 in Laurel Fork, Wyoming County, WVa.

William's father was Peter Green Farmer (B: Aug 11, 1881 - Logan County, WVa) who then married Francis "Fanny" Brooks on March 14, 1867 in Wyoming County, WVa.

But before Peter Green married Fanny, he had been married to Nancy Jane Daniel (b: 1832 in Patrick County, Va). Together they had Emezetta Farmer, Kate Farmer, and Sarah Farmer.

So - I'm related to the Daniels mostly in the way of marriage and only as they come through the union of Peter Green Farmer.

How are you related to the Daniels and the Farmers?

Posted: 12 May 2005 7:55PM GMT
William Brooks' daughter Malinda married Russell Cook. Their daughter Louisa married James B. Allen. James' and Louisa's daughter, Carrie Allen married Christopher Brooks.

Christopher Brooks was the son of Franklin Pierce and Emezzetta Farmer, Peter Green Farmer's daughter! Getting complicated enough for you, yet?

Chris Brooks and Carrie Allen had six children. Their son John married Iris Daniel, daughter of Russell Giles Daniel and Rosa Trump. John and Iris had a son, George, who was my father.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 2006-2014 Ancestry.com | Privacy | Cookies | New Terms and Conditions | Operated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.