Search for content in message boards

Old Family Cemetery, on the original Koonce Farm

Old Family Cemetery, on the original Koonce Farm

Linda Huff (View posts)
Posted: 15 Apr 2002 4:04AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 11 Dec 2003 9:42AM GMT
Surnames: Koonce
There will be a two day clean-up of this cemetery on April 19 & 20, 2002. This is on the original Koonce Farm which has long been abandoned since no one lives on the farm now. It has completely grown over but had approx 25 graves in it. We have partially cleaned it and have found about 10 more graves of which the stones had fell over and were buried. We hope to finish this week-end but need lots of help phsycally and financially. I have list of names if anyone is interested. This cemetery is located in Fayetteville, Lincoln County, Tennessee, in the Stewart Creek Area. There is also a Revolution Soldier by the name of Phillip Koonce buried there. If more info needed, please e-mail me.

Re: Koonce Family Cemetery

Posted: 29 Jul 2002 4:04AM GMT
Edited: 11 Dec 2003 9:44AM GMT
Hi my name is Margaret Koonce Goins. I have been trying to do a family ancestor chart , it's going very slow trying to get info on the Koonce family. I am the daughter of
Beatrice Priest Koonce and Zeb Vance Koonce.
My uncle's name : Henry, Robert (rome), Joe, Willie, there is one or two more of the brothers but right now I am drawing a blank Daddy had two sister's Carrie Koonce Spears,and Lulu
Koonce Anderson Please let me know if these names mean anything to you. Thanks Margaret

Re: Koonce Family Cemetery

Linda Huff (View posts)
Posted: 30 Jul 2002 3:43AM GMT
Edited: 11 Dec 2003 9:44AM GMT
Margaret, I'm sorry, but none of the names you mentioned are in my research. You might contact John Koonce at Koncejp@frontiernet.net. He is also doing extensive research on the Koonce family. Sorry I could not help you. Thanks for your reply to me.

Elijah Koonce and Temperance Blackshear connected to Michael Koonce?

Posted: 31 Jul 2002 5:57PM GMT
Edited: 11 Dec 2003 9:45AM GMT
Surnames: Koonce, Blackshear
I was wondering if you had any information listed at that cemetary that would tie Elijah Koonce and Temperance Blackshear to Michael Koonce. Any information would be appreciated. I am trying to locate information that also ties Michael to the unborn son that everyone seems to know is Elijah. But I need proof. Thanks...

Re: Michael Koonce

Posted: 30 Aug 2002 3:56AM GMT
Edited: 11 Dec 2003 9:46AM GMT
Surnames: koonce
ck michael koonces will he mentions his unborn child. trhat is elijah .he was myggggrandfather.i can send you a copy of his will

Re: Elijah Koonce and Temperance Blackshear

Linda Huff (View posts)
Posted: 31 Aug 2002 2:03AM GMT
Edited: 11 Dec 2003 9:47AM GMT
Surnames: Koonce, Blackshear, Spight
I show Elijah Koonce dob aug 8, 1780. Dod Dec 2, 1840 in Jones Co., North Carolina. He was married to Temperance Blackshear. They had the following children, Elizabeth born abt 1808, Elijah Blackshear Koonce was born abt 1800. He died in 1840. Amos Simmons Koonce, Emanual Jarman Koonce, Nancy Koonce born abt 1810 and James Wiley Benjamin Koonce.
Elijah Koonce was also married to Mary Spight in later years. None are buried in this cemetery.

Re: Phillip Koonce

Posted: 26 Aug 2003 2:23AM GMT
Edited: 11 Dec 2003 9:47AM GMT
Surnames: Koonce, Dodson
Linda, could you tell me more about Phillip Koonce buried in the old family cemetery. Phillip Koonce born 28 January 1765 in Jones, NC and died February 2, 1841 in Lincoln, TN is my direct descendant. He married Nancy McGee Dodson.

Re: Koonce / Dodson / McGee

Posted: 28 Nov 2003 4:55PM GMT
Edited: 6 Aug 2005 11:08PM GMT
Surnames: Koonce, Dodson, McGee, McGhee, Crouch, Couch
Koonce-Dodson-McGee. I've stumbled my way here by chance. Nancy Dodson first married John McGee in Wilkes CO NC. I believe this John, who was killed in "the Indian wars," to have been the brother of my3xgrgrandfather, James McGhee. When I visited Wilkes CO this past spring I was told that when James & his wife Mary Crouch (my James married Mary "Couch") left NC, Nancy Dodson went with them. These posts are suggesting she may have already remarried by the time of their departure. Besides attempting to connect my James McGhee, who settled and eventually died in Murray CO GA, to the Wilkes CO McGees, I am trying to determine whether James had children who died before arriving in Murray CO. Any help, anyone??

Leo

Linda Huff (View posts)
Posted: 30 Apr 2004 2:08PM GMT
Edited: 6 May 2004 6:01AM GMT
Surnames: McGee, McGhee, Koonce, Dodson
I don't have a lot on the McGee (McGhee) family. Most of my research has been on the Koonce side. I have Lettice (Letty) (Leticia) McGee, daughter of John McGee and Nancy Dodson, Letty married John (Johann) Koonce about 1818 in Lincoln Co. Tn. Letty was born on July 27, 1801 in Wilkes Co., NC, she appeared on the 1850 and 1860 census in Lincoln Co., TN. She died on Oct 15, 1868 and is buried at Stewart Creek, in Lincoln Co. That is about all I have on Nancy and John.

Posted: 30 Apr 2004 2:20PM GMT
Edited: 6 Aug 2005 11:08PM GMT
Surnames: McGehee, McGee, McGhee
Thanks, Linda. I am encouraged by the McGehee, McGee, McGhee DNA project to think that we'll be able to patch all this together one day.

Leo
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 2006-2014 Ancestry.com | Privacy | Cookies | New Terms and Conditions | Operated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.