My gg-aunt â€œMILLIE Henrietta Mae Alice Wanola Mooreâ€-(Cook) m. Henry Junior Cook and resided in Kibler, Van Buren, Crawford Co. Ark. Her father was never again heard from after World War-1. His name was â€œJames WP Moore (Jr.)â€ and he was CHOCTAW, from TN/ or OK. He m. Martha Austin from TN (who was Irish). gg-aunt Millie said that her dad Jamesâ€™s middle name was just WP, not abbreviated for anything. Yet I couldnâ€™t find him listed anywhere. Could someone, please, help me with info. on James WP Moore (His dad had the same name also)/, or Martha Austin-Moore? These Moores (all but James WP) were bur. in Gill Cemetery, between Kibler Rd. & Van Buren, Crawford Co. AR (zip 72957). The last known birth-date would be that of my gdm. (their dau.) â€œ Pearly Agnes Paralee Howard.â€ Any info. would be greatly appreciated.
Warm Regards, Mildred Marie (Hunter) McGrane.ROSEFIRE@IHUG.CO.NZ
Descendants of HENERY HOWARD
Generation No. 1
1. HENERY1 HOWARD was born 27 September 1883 in res. # 72450 (Paragould, Greene, Ark.), and died in Ark. He married RHODA VIOLA MOORE, daughter of JAMES (JR.) and MARTHA AUSTIN. She was born 23 October 1890, and died July 1978 in res. (zip 72904) Fort Smith, Sebastian, AR.
Notes for HENERY HOWARD:
Howard, Henry Pratt March 17 1887 Jan. 2 1948, bur. GARDI Cem. Wayne Co., GAhttp://www.familysearch.org/ENG/Search/frameset_search.asp?P...
102. Henry Howard - Pedigree Resource File
Gender: M Birth/Christening: 15 May 1831 Upper Cornors, West Flamborough, Wentworth Co., Ontario (a possible)
More About HENERY HOWARD:
Accomplishment #-1: Mountainburg H. Sch., Mountainburg, Ark. 72946
Accomplishment #-2: Built stone Chrr. by Mountainburg H. Sch. 1934
Burial: Gill Cem., Van Buren, Crawford Co. Co. Ark.
Occupation: Farmer/ Brick-layer/ Worker on Railway
Preferred Interest: Violin Player
Notes for RHODA VIOLA MOORE:
Interment Record for RHODA C. Moore
Name: RHODA C. Moore
Died or Buried: 8 Mar 1963
Buried: Fairlawn Cem., Stillwater
Section: sec: 5 row: 10 lot: 2
Co., /State: Payne, OK
Notes: funeral home: STRODE
More About RHODA VIOLA MOORE:
Baptism: res.# 72904 Ft. Sm., Sebastian, and Ark.
Burial: Gill Cem., Van Buren, Crawford Co. Co. Ark.
Nationality: Full-blooded Cherokee
Occupation: Farm-wk./ Homemaker
SS#: 1973, 430-19-2802 AR
Children of HENERY HOWARD and RHODA MOORE are:
2. i. PERLEY AGNES PARALE2 HOWARD, b. Abt. 29 April 1920, old add: Chaffee Dr, Fort Smith, Ark. 72904.
3. ii. (ETTA) MARIE HOWARD, d. res. N. Albert Pike, Ft. Sm., Ark.
4. iii. LAVELL HOWARD.
iv. EUGENE NELSON HOWARD, d. Ft. Sm. National Cem., Ft. Sm., Ark.
More About EUGENE NELSON HOWARD:
v. ALENE HOWARD, d. Age 13 yrs. old.
vi. BEULAH MAE HOWARD, b. Van Buren, Crawford Co., Ark.; d. res. Wichita, Kansas; m. ARLIE BENNETT; b. Ft. Sm. National Cem., Ft. Sm., Ark.
More About BEULAH MAE HOWARD:
Generation No. 2
2. PERLEY AGNES PARALE2 HOWARD (HENERY1) was born Abt. 29 April 1920 in old add: Chaffee Dr, Fort Smith, Ark. 72904. She met CLARENCE RECIL FLURRY in Van Buren, Crawford Co., AR, son of PHELON FLURRY and EDITH BACHLER. He was born 4 November 1911, and died October 1983 in 72904 Fort Smith, Sebastian Co., Ark.
Notes for PERLEY AGNES PARALE HOWARD:
Agnes (my gdm.) raised a large family alone by the grace of God, as a hard working single mom. and for many years she didn't have a car. Only a year ago did I discover that she had, even aft. she and gdf. remarried a problem with jealousy. Although gdf. Clarence wasn't a flirt, just kind and caring, and women took his good intentions wrongly.
More About PERLEY AGNES PARALE HOWARD:
Occupation: Farm wk./ Homemaker
Preferred Name: Agnes
Notes for CLARENCE RECIL FLURRY:
CLARENCE Recil FLURRY (German and Indian dec.) m. Pearly "Agnes" Paralee Howard. His mom was Eda Bachler m. to Clarence Recil Flurry, later m. Ray Frederickson. Her parents where full-blooded Germans. Clarence and Agnes divorced when their dau. Mary "Lorane" HUNTER (my mom) was in her teens. Twelve yrs later they remarried. Around 1953, Clarence, my gdf., also lived in Amarillo TX, near my folks: Alvin P. Hunter and Mary Lorane (nee, Flurry). He convinced them to move to Redondo Beach, CA.
Gdf. Clarence Flurry drove bus for the kids in Hollywood abt. 1961, and he once had his own thrift shop. He played many musical instruments (which he taught my mom), and he reminded me of "Burl Ives" and even sang like him. He was a quiet man until he began to preached (the Gospel of Jesus Christ), as was his father. Clarence was also a Medic in the Army, located in Ft. Sm., Ark. What I remember most about him was his wise, calm, demeanor, and the fire of zeal, which characterized his preaching. When I was twelve, he took me on a trip to Hollywood. He was the only grandparent I was fortunate to be close to. After being divorced from gdm. Agnes (nee, Howard) Flurry almost twelve years, most of his children never quite accepted his attempt to make-up for the lost time with them.
Clarence Recil Flurry was buried in "The Fort Smith National Cemetery" (Info.):
Flurry, Clarence R, b. 11/04/1911, d. 10/02/1983, US Army, T/ 5, Res: Ft. Sm., Ark., Plot: 14 0 537, bur. 10/05/1983.
More About CLARENCE RECIL FLURRY:
Burial: 10 May 1983, U.S. National Cem., Ft. Sm., Sebastian Co., Ark.
Last Residence: Chaffee Dr, Ft. Sm., Ark. 72904
Military service: Medics- Army
Occupation: Preacher/ Bus Driver in Hollywood, CA
Children of PERLEY HOWARD and CLARENCE FLURRY are:
5. i. HILDA RUTH3 FLURRY, b. Van Buren, Ark.
ii. LEROY FLURRY, b. 16 September 1919; d. 1 December 1996, 72901 Ft. Sm., Sebastian Co., Ark.
Notes for LEROY FLURRY:
Leroy's Residence (2/88 and prior): PE Last Residence (Zip): 72901 Ft. Sm., Sebastian, Ark. Lump Sum Payment Location (Zip).
More About LEROY FLURRY:
6. iii. MARY LORANE FLURRY, b. 16 April 1933, Van Buren, Crawford Co., Ark.; d. Private, res. Fort Smith, Ark.
7. iv. SAMMY WAYNE FLURRY, b. 23 December 1935, Van Buren, Ark.
v. DANIEL LEE FLURRY, b. 28 October 1939, Van Buren, Ark.; m. (1) BETTY XXXX; m. (2) DELORIS BAYLIN?
Notes for DANIEL LEE FLURRY:
Wf. # 2- Deloris Baylin/ Baler
DANIEL LEE Flurry plays lead-guitar better than 'Chet Atkins.'
1st. W. "Betty:" Children: 5/ or 6
2nd. W. "Deloris" (nee (German). (poss. 'Army)
More About DANIEL LEE FLURRY:
Occupation: Musician (lead guitarist)
8. vi. F. JAMES EDWARD FLURRY, b. 26 October 1942, Van Buren, Crawford Co., Ark.
9. vii. JOHN RAY FLURRY, b. 13 July 1944, Portland, Oregon; d. res. Ark.
viii. EDNA XXXX FLURRY, b. CA.
3. (ETTA) MARIE2 HOWARD (HENERY1) died in res. N. Albert Pike, Ft. Sm., Ark. She married (1) XXX DARR. He died in res. Ft. Sm., Ark. She married (2) JOHN ALLEN BLAKE 1 January 1984 in Russellville, Ark.
Children of (ETTA) HOWARD and XXX DARR are:
i. EDWIN LEE3 DARR, b. 17 December 1944.
ii. ALISIA (POSS. MARIE) DARR, b. 17 December 1951.
4. LAVELL2 HOWARD (HENERY1) She married XXXX FERN.
Child of LAVELL HOWARD and XXXX FERN is:
i. SUSAN/ SUSIE3 FERN.
Generation No. 3
5. HILDA RUTH3 FLURRY (PERLEY AGNES PARALE2 HOWARD, HENERY1) was born in Van Buren, Ark. She married TEO TILSON.
Notes for HILDA RUTH FLURRY:
My aunt Hilda was one of the most beautiful ladies, even aft. she was older. But a few of her marriages, to the wrong kind of men, made her a "tuff-old-bird."
More About HILDA RUTH FLURRY:
Occupation: undercover cop
Preferred Name: Smith, Horwin, Tilson
More About TEO TILSON:
Children of HILDA FLURRY and TEO TILSON are:
i. GWETHOLYN4 FLURRY.
More About GWETHOLYN FLURRY:
Baptism: (in Hawaii)
ii. JOSEPH/ "JOE" XXXX, b. (in Hot Spgs., Ark.).
iii. WOODIE HORWIN, b. (in Hot Spgs., Ark.).
iv. MIKE SMITH.
v. ELAINE FLURRY, b. Hackett, Ark.; m. (1) XXXX WOODY; m. (2) XXXX DOUGAN.
6. MARY LORANE3 FLURRY (PERLEY AGNES PARALE2 HOWARD, HENERY1) was born 16 April 1933 in Van Buren, Crawford Co., Ark., and died Private in res. Fort Smith, Ark. She married ALVIN PLUMMER HUNTER 1948 in Ark., son of PLUMER HUNTER and BESSIE DICKSON. He was born 16 April 1928 in (Yeager/ Yager orig. >GEU) Branch, Franklin Co., Ark., and died Private in res. Fort Smith, Ark. 72904.
More About MARY LORANE FLURRY:
Accomplishment #-1: Accord. Trainer -Santa Ana, CA
Best Sch. Friend: Lois Carol
Burial Site: Woodland Mortuary, Ft. Sm., Ark.
Cemetery: Woodlawn Mem. Park, Ft. Sm., Ark.
College Studies: Chemical Engineering
Hospital Used: St. Edward Mercy Hospital, Ft. Sm., Ark.
Medical Information: Chrones disease (last stages).
Occupation: Music Teacher
Personal Interest: making Family Videos
School Attended: Oak Grove, Van Buren, Ark.
More About ALVIN PLUMMER HUNTER:
2nd Occupation: Bethlehem Steel Co., CA (10 yrs.)
Occupation: Itinerant Preacher; Bethlehem Steel, CA
Children of MARY FLURRY and ALVIN HUNTER are:
10. i. MILDRED MARIE4 HUNTER, b. 4 September 1949, (Yeager/ Yager orig. >GEU) Ft. Sm., Sebastian Co., Ark.; d. Private, res. Mangere E., Ark., NZ.
11. ii. TRILLAS DIANE HUNTER, b. 28 January 1952, Amarillo, TX; d. res. Ukiah, CA 95482.
iii. TIMOTHY DEVON HUNTER, b. 4 August 1957, Redondo Beach, CA.
7. SAMMY WAYNE3 FLURRY (PERLEY AGNES PARALE2 HOWARD, HENERY1) was born 23 December 1935 in Van Buren, Ark. He married MARTHA FLURRY. She was born in Ark.
More About SAMMY WAYNE FLURRY:
Occupation: Art/ Ft. Sm., Ark. News Paper
Children of SAMMY FLURRY and MARTHA FLURRY are:
12. i. NIAWANA4 FLURRY, b. Van Buren, Crawford Co., Ark.
ii. STEVE FLURRY, b. Ark.
8. F. JAMES EDWARD3 FLURRY (PERLEY AGNES PARALE2 HOWARD, HENERY1) was born 26 October 1942 in Van Buren, Crawford Co., Ark. He married IMOGENE WILLIAMS. She was born in Ark.
More About F. JAMES EDWARD FLURRY:
Occupation: Foreman for 'Frigedare Co.'
Notes for IMOGENE WILLIAMS:
Imogene's sister m. to (my uncle's Bro.) Leanord Hunter in Van Buren, Ark.
Son of Bobby: 'Joey:' Joseph Tyler Flurry, b. -1993 (2nd Cousin)
More About IMOGENE WILLIAMS:
Cross Marriages: Imogene's sis. m. Uncle Leonard Hunter
Child of JAMES FLURRY and IMOGENE WILLIAMS is:
13. i. BOBBY4 FLURRY, b. Ark..
9. JOHN RAY3 FLURRY (PERLEY AGNES PARALE2 HOWARD, HENERY1) was born 13 July 1944 in Portland, Oregon, and died in res. Ark.
More About JOHN RAY FLURRY:
Preferred Interest; musician- drums; fishing and hunting
Children of JOHN RAY FLURRY are:
i. TERESA4 BAR, b. Ft. Sm., Ark.; d. res. Ark.
ii. JOHN ANTHONY FLURRY, b. Ft. Sm., Crawford Co., Ark.; d. res. Ark.
Generation No. 4
10. MILDRED MARIE4 HUNTER (MARY LORANE3 FLURRY, PERLEY AGNES PARALE2 HOWARD, HENERY1) was born 4 September 1949 in (Yeager/ Yager orig. >GEU) Ft. Sm., Sebastian Co., Ark., and died Private in res. Mangere E., Ark., NZ. She married (1) WILLIAM IRVEN CHICK 1968 in Pinole, CA, son of ORVILLE CHICK and EVELYN HILLMAN. He was born 21 March 1948 in IL (USA), and died 29 August 1994 in Vallejo, Solano Co., CA. She met (2) JOHN MARTIN MCGRANE 2 September 1995 in Auckland Cty., Auckland, New Zealand, son of CHRISTOPHER MCGRANE and EVELYN FILMER. He was born 21 June 1943 in Manurewa, Auckland, NZ, and died in res. Mangere E., Ark., NZ.
Notes for MILDRED MARIE HUNTER:
Best Friends: Mona Nimmo and Heather Sanders> NZ
Marriage Certificate: No: 1031 of Ark., NZ
Married By: Pastor Jim Shaw, NZ
Meaning of name: Gentle, mild reprover, wisdom (like Sapphire)
Notes for WILLIAM IRVEN CHICK:
..."You are like the wind- and I- like the lion.
You form the tempest, and the sand stings my eyes,
and the ground is parched,
I roar in defiance but you- don't hear.
But Between us there is a difference,
I, like the lion, must remain in my place,
While you-, like the wind, will never know yours.
The heartbreak of love sings,
The sadness of knowledge speaks,
The melancholy of desire whispers,
And the anquish of poverty weeps...
But there is a sorrow deeper than love-,
Loftier than knowledge-,
Stronger than desire-,
And more bitter than grief...
It is mute and has no voice;
It is the dead silence of lost... buried,
Of wasted words and time.
Time that can never be regained/ nor bought back.
The 2nd. Wife.
He who lays aside his conscience for the sake of ambition
Burns a picture for the sake of its ashes. Â© Chinese
I wish you well this Christmas, and God's best; Please give
our children my tender love and best wishes until I can be
Sincerely the X.
More About WILLIAM IRVEN CHICK:
Bail Bondsman: Frank Spencer, 5808 Watt Ave 338-4804
Baptism: 1973, Richmond, CA (USA)
Burial: Mt. Vernon Mort.; Lic. # F1154
Cause of Death: Coronary Bypass
Company's No.: PST Stockton; Toll Free: 800-421-7766
Employee No.: 6914; PST Stockton 209 467-4704
Legal Contacts: America's Legal Ser.; # 441-0410
Medical Information: Doctors: Dr. Fred Fischer, Sac., CA.; Dr. Wong Ph.# 921-3700 Bill suffered from sugar-diabetes, and a drug problem which was directly related to his death.
Occupation: Truck Driver
Police Record Area: Richmond, CA
Relative: Carl Wombe; Ph# 303 465-1305
State File No.: 94-136675; Lo. Reg. #039448
Notes for JOHN MARTIN MCGRANE:
JOHN'S DAD "Christopher James Fallon McGrane" came out from Ireland, from Westmeath (just outside of Dublin) around 1915, when he was sixteen years old. He met his wife after he came back from the war in 1920. He then worked for the Post and Telegraph: 'a Lineman/ a Fault man, for thirty years.
MOM: "Evelyn Mona Filmer," (John's grandparents, Oct. 1842, in 2-ships: the Jane Gifford and the Duchess of Argyle, sailed up the Waitemata Harbor, and arrive in New Zealand, after a four-month voyage from Greenock, Scotland. His gdf.'s name was Mary Filmer (nee Olney).
More About JOHN MARTIN MCGRANE:
Employee No.: Nalco NZ LTD
Occupation: Chem. Eng. (Plant Chemist)/ Quality Admin.
Officiating: Pastor Jim Shaw of New Life Church
Children of MILDRED HUNTER and WILLIAM CHICK are:
i. DAVID ALLEN5 CHICK, b. 13 July 1969, Oakland Hospital, Oak., CA; d. Private, res. in Sac., CA.
Notes for DAVID ALLEN CHICK:
David Chick's Homepage (Sac., CA; USA) http://hometown.aol.com/mistachick69/myhomepage/profile.html
Notes: Children's Sch.:
Schools: Junior High, 1101 G. St., CA 95673, & Mountainburg High Sch. (Prin.: Larry G. McCain), 129 Hwy. 71 SW Mountainburg, AR 72946. This was a large stonemason school built by their G-gdf. Henery Howard (who was b. abt. 1883) around 1933. (Ph: 501 369-4506; 501 369-2146). Also Frederick C. Joyce, 6050 Watt Ave., N. H., CA 965660; and Rio Linda Junior High, 1101 G. St., CA 95673
More About DAVID ALLEN CHICK:
Baptism: Oakland, CA (USA)
ii. MIKEL LEE CHICK, b. 27 August 1972, Richmond Hosp., Richmond, CA; d. Private, res. Sac., CA (USA); m. TABITHA HOCKETT; d. Private, res. in Sac., CA.
Notes for MIKEL LEE CHICK:
Notes: Children's Sch.:
Schools: Junior High, 1101 G. St., CA 95673, & Mountainburg High Sch. (Prin.: Larry G. McCain), 129 Hwy. 71 SW Mountainburg, AR 72946. This was a large stonemason school built by their G-gdf. Henery Howard (who was b. abt. 1883) around 1933. (Ph: 501 369-4506; 501 369-2146). Also Frederick C. Joyce, 6050 Watt Ave., N. H., CA 965660; and Rio Linda Junior High, 1101 G. St., CA 95673.
The Golden Box
THE GOLDEN BOX:
'Twas on that cold dark stormy day,
My Mikel pulled-out a golden box- to drive my tears away.
With awe of his tender deed, I accepted his gift.
For I did see- 'twas with such compassion- for my heart to lift.
Being shattered and on the floor, my heart was broke in two.
Mikel simply shared his â€˜hearing-heartâ€™ and touched my hand.
He identified with my pain, which helped me to understand:
Love extends all barriers at will...
Love is the strongest force in the universe to kill...
Love is more powerful than â€˜hate....â€™
Love cannot diminish by distance/ or time.
And my Love for Mikel- can be blind.
Thankful for Your gift,
Your Mom. '1980
11. TRILLAS DIANE4 HUNTER (MARY LORANE3 FLURRY, PERLEY AGNES PARALE2 HOWARD, HENERY1) was born 28 January 1952 in Amarillo, TX, and died in res. Ukiah, CA 95482. She married STEVE JOHANSON in Pinole, CA (USA). He was born 1956, and died in res. Ukiah, CA 95482.
More About TRILLAS DIANE HUNTER:
Occupation: Dental Ass. / Sch. Teacher
Children of TRILLAS HUNTER and STEVE JOHANSON are:
i. CARRIE5 JOHANSON, b. 1981, Pinole, CA.
ii. HEATHER JOHANSON, b. 1992, Pinole, CA (USA).
12. NIAWANA4 FLURRY (SAMMY WAYNE3, PERLEY AGNES PARALE2 HOWARD, HENERY1) was born in Van Buren, Crawford Co., Ark. She married JAMES VAN GUNDY 1983 in Ft. Sm., Sebastian Co., Ark. He was born 15 September 1956.
More About NIAWANA FLURRY:
Baptism: res. 6409 Boston, Ft. Sm., Ark.
Meaning of name: Cherokee for "Little Deer"
Notes for JAMES VAN GUNDY:http://www.ipa.net/~jwvangu/story1.htmhttp://www.phillipsplace.net/genealogy/surnames/agler.html
Children of NIAWANA FLURRY and JAMES VAN GUNDY are:
i. KEITH5 VAN GUNDY, b. Ft. Sm., Ark..
ii. KRISTIN VAN GUNDY, b. Ft. Sm., Ark..
13. BOBBY4 FLURRY (JAMES EDWARD3, PERLEY AGNES PARALE2 HOWARD, HENERY1) was born in Ark.
Child of BOBBY FLURRY is:
i. JOSEPH TYLER5 FLURRY, b. Ark.