Search for content in message boards

surname vienot and its' origin

surname vienot and its' origin

Posted: 26 Oct 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 21 Oct 2001 2:39PM GMT
Surnames: vienot, DeThoux, meliere, masson, daree
I'm searching the origins of the surnames vienot and DeThoux,in particular. Vienot, I know is French, but where in France exactly. I have persons attributed to Glay, Blamont and Montbeliard. I believe that Montbeliard is/was a province and Glay and Blamont were towns. DeThoux, I have not been able to identify, with a particular county.

If anyone has some information, it would be greatly appreciated.

1. Claude Vienot married Catherine DeThoux.
2. Jean Hori Vienot married Jeanne Masson.
3. Leopold Vienot married Jeanne Meliere. Both are from Blamont.

Leopold and his wife, sons Christopher Jacques, Jacques Christopher, Jean Christophe and George Vincent, left in 1752 and arrived in Nova Scotia, Canada in 1752.

Thank You

Jeff Veinotte

your serarch

woody woodward (View posts)
Posted: 21 May 2001 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: i have to ask
i am going to nova scotia on the 4th of june to meet a friend whose last name is vienot, he said he is german and maybe he can help, please send your personal e-mail i will contact you when i get there and ask him about his heritage. thanks woody

your serarch

woody woodward (View posts)
Posted: 21 May 2001 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: i have to ask
i'm not sure if the last message got to you, but i have a friend in nova scotia, his last name i vienot, if you could send your personal e-mail adress i will get back with you when i arrive there in nova scotia, thanks

Re: surname vienot and its' origin

Posted: 29 Jul 2002 1:06AM GMT
Claude vienot and catherine DeThoux were married on july 14, 1685 in the county of Montbeliard, France.
Catherine was orn in 1637 in Exincourt, a small town also in the county og Montbeliard.
I haven't found out anything any further back than that in my family research.
Catherine is my 8th great-grandmother, my Veniot roots started with my 4th great-grandmother, Elizabeth Veniot.
I'm not sure if you have this information, hope it helps.
Dawn

Jeff (View posts)
Posted: 29 Jul 2002 10:41PM GMT
Hi Dawn !!

Claude and Catherine were my 7th. great grandparents. I have a different date for their marriage. The date you listed is the date I have for their son Jean Hori and his marriage to Jeanne Masson.

Information from marriage record:

Horry VIENOT, son of (fut?) Claude VIENOT, of Glay when he was alive, and of Catherine de THOUX of Exincourt, his wife, approximately 27 years old and still under the power of Jezn METTETAL miller of Glay, second husband of said de THOUX, married in first marriage Jeanne MASSON, daughter of (fut?) Richard MASSON the young, bourgeois of Blamont, and of Jeanne BOUVIER, the widow of said MASSON, approximately 22 years old and still under the power of said BOUVIER, her mother, Tuesday 14 Jul 1685. Having declared VIENOT and MASSON husband and wife, having summond to be questioned by the minister on said Glay to sign the present act of their said marriage and said Horry VIENOT would have signed it with his own hand and the said Jeanne MASSON declared herself unableto sign because she did not know how to write and this in front of and in the presence of Jean MATTETAL ane Jean Christopher METTETAL of said Glay and of Daniel and Jean Christopher MASSON, bourgeois of Blamont and all close relatives of said VIENOT and MASSON and those aforementioned VIENOT and MASSON which could impede their marriage having been for that purpose summond by the aforementioned minister endorsed the state. They signed the present act of marriage with their own hands. J.G. PARROT (R. Blamont AMM 1 Z 224 bis)

Death of Jean Hori: Jean Hori VIENOT bourgeois of Blamont died at the aforementioned place 22 May 1727, Ascension Day, and was buried in the cemetary there the next day. He was 70 years old. He left children who were all grown and some were married. God give his body a glorious resurrection
R.P Blamont Add 968 GG 1

I came across the above while searching the Internet.

Unless I can see or access an official document, I take all information, found on the Internet, with a grain of salt.

Anyway, my intent with the query, was hopefully make contact with someone with knowledge on the Veinot name in France. You seem to have a similiar situation, in regards to your research, of earlier dates and information.

You mentioned your Veinot connection started with Elizabeth Veinot. If you don't mind, whom did she marry and who were her parents. The named Elizabeth has been a very popular name, I found in my research.

I have connections with both of Leopold's sons Christopher and James. Down to Caspar Veinot, his son Allen, to Larry and to my father Allan.

If anything, it was nice to hear from you and thank you for responding to the query.

Regards

Jeff

DAWN (View posts)
Posted: 30 Jul 2002 1:38AM GMT
hi,
I'm not sure of the dates either, I too believe that information on the internet needs to be taken with a grain of salt.
You said you had connections to Leopold's son Christopher.
Christopher was Elizabeth's father and Elizabeth was married to John Peter Low.
Their daughter was Sarah Ann Low who was married to John Henry Stevens. Stevens was my mothers maiden name which is the anglicized version of Steebing. These roots of my come from Germany.
If I come across anything elase, I'll let you know.

Dawn

Re: surname vienot and its origin

Posted: 8 Feb 2003 7:41PM GMT
Edited: 5 Jun 2003 3:12PM GMT
Surnames: Hounsell, Attwood, Veinot, Foster, Benjamin
I have tried to contact Jeff via the e-mail address given with his message but have had no success. Do you have a new address, Jeff?

My wife is descended from Christopher Jacques Vienot. Her greatgrandfather was James William, b. 1826, son of John Christopher. Anyone interested in that branch can contact me, preferably through this message board so that other interested parties can look at our information.

Bob Hounsell,
Waterloo, Ontario

M Fish (View posts)
Posted: 23 Jul 2004 9:23AM GMT
Searching for Elisabeth Stef daughter of Christ Stef born 1790-fied 1817 married catherine vienot born 1793

Posted: 29 Dec 2009 3:20AM GMT
Surnames: Veinotte, Veinot, Vienot
Hi Jeff,

I have a listing of Veinotte, Veinot Vienot all variations that goes back to Montbelaird France up until my great grand father Steven Killed in a logging accidnet in Nova Scotia. If you are interested I can send a copy and anyone else.

walter veinotte

Posted: 16 Aug 2011 7:06AM GMT
Edited: 16 Aug 2011 7:08AM GMT
Hi I've been doing my family tree for about ten years I have alot of information about Claude Vienot, Jean Hori Vienot, Leopold Vienot, Christopher Jacques, John E, John Christopher, Elkanah, Azariah Veinot was my great grandfather his daughter Nellie Nora Veinot was my grandmother and Nellie's son John Murphy is my father
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 2006-2014 Ancestry.comPrivacyCookiesNew Terms and ConditionsOperated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.