KLAUS SCHUT

JEAN BRIGHT (View posts)
Posted: 8 Jun 1998 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query

Re: KLAUS SCHUT

Schut (View posts)
Posted: 23 Aug 2001 6:49PM GMT
Classification: Birth
Perhaps you are searching for Klaas Schut. He was the father of Jan (John) Schut , born in Groningen (Haren) who went to the U.S.A. in 1902 (Cadillac). One of his sons was called Claus Schut. I know all about this family.

Etta Schut Mensonides (View posts)
Posted: 25 Oct 2001 5:48AM GMT
I am 56 years old. My married name is Mensonides. My late father's name was Klaas Schut. His father was Gerrit Schut and grandfather was Jan Schut. My father, though born in Germany in 1912 had his roots and later moved back to Hoogezand, Groninigen with his family. They owned a shipyard there. My parents immigrated from Groningen to the USA in 1948. My father passed on in 1994 and I loved him very much. Just seeing this name sparked a deep interest. He had three brothers, all deceased named Jan, Hendrik and Dierk, and a sister named Christina. My late mother's name was Aaltje (Alice) Mulder.

Schut (View posts)
Posted: 26 Oct 2001 7:18PM GMT
We also have a Klaas Schut in the family. A son of Klaas Schut , named John Schut emigrated to the U.S. A (Michigan- Cadillac) in 1902. One of his sons was Claus (Klaas) Schut. John (Jan) was born in Groningen and married with Margien Duns. As far as I know there is no relationship between both families.In Michigan and Wisconsin there are descendents of John and Margien , akso called Claus
If you went to know more please give me a sign.

Greetings
Jan Schut

Jans Schut (View posts)
Posted: 6 Nov 2001 6:59PM GMT
My roots are in Noordlaren (Groningen) were Jan JaNS and Wilmtijn Jans his "house-wife"arrived about 1716 coming from Dalen (near Coevorden) He employed a decoy yo catch ducks he brings possibly to the market in Groningen> They called him Jan Jans de Kooijker and Jan Schut and Schutte, Everybode who has something to do with the yacht was called Schut or Schutte or Schutten. That is the backgrpond of my familyname. I think your ancestors has so,ething to do with the aboved mentioned profession. Klaus Schut (Klaas Schut) was also a member of our family. He is born in Haren and one of his sons (Jan) emigrated to the U.S.A. in 1902. One of his sons was named Claus. The descendents liove in Michigan and Wisconsin. When you have or nead more information leyt me know.
Greetings
Jans Schut

Posted: 20 Sep 2012 3:06PM GMT
To Etta
I have fond memories of your father when you lived in Oak Park Il and of course you, your sisters and mother! Where are you now living? Hope all is well with you!
Susan Haeger Mulcahy

Posted: 20 Sep 2012 3:09PM GMT
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 2006-2014 Ancestry.com | Privacy | Cookies | New Terms and Conditions | Operated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.