Search for content in message boards

Ontario, Canada Osterhouts

Ontario, Canada Osterhouts

David Osterhout (View posts)
Posted: 2 Apr 2003 2:06AM GMT
Classification: Query
My gggrandfather Thomas Osterhout and his wife Claramina Bennett (?) were apparently living in Prince Edward County, Township of Hillis, Ontario when my ggrandfather James Edgar Osterhout was born July 16, 1843. In the 1850s the family made their way into northern New York state. Thomas and his wife had 12 children. James Edgar settled in the Auburn, NY area as a wagonmaker/toolmaker and married Francis Fries, May 18, 1865. They had 6-children. Does anyone have any information about Thomas and Claramina or has information about this portion of the family tree?

Re: Ontario, Canada Osterhouts

Posted: 4 Apr 2009 1:33PM GMT
Surnames: Osterhout / Silver
I have a Susan Osterhout, daughter of Thomas Osterhout and Claramina Bennett who married John M. Silver in 1848. I also have a Simon Osterhout who married Anna Silver in 1851. I have no further information on Simon, but do have information on Susan Osterhout.

Posted: 17 Jul 2009 2:37PM GMT
I am on the hunt and have hit a deadend for Henry Osterhout b.1797 married to Hannah Clapp, father of David H, Charles (Morton) ...

I found a link, MAY BE connected to 'my Henry':
http://tinyurl.com/n4oj7s

or

http://www.collectionscanada.gc.ca/databases/naturalization/...

and includes a Thomas, perhaps they are brothers and or closely related.

I'm at a deadend and can find anything further back.

Anyone with information, please connect!

design ho 2000 (at) hotmail (dot) com--no spaces, insert symbols

Posted: 25 Jul 2009 5:31PM GMT
Did you find the marriage of Simmons Osterhout to Ann Silver? How do you know Simmons' wife's maiden name was Silver? I lost track of Simmons & Ann after 1861. Do you know where they ended up? Was Ann's brother Henry "Monroe" Silver?

Thanks,
Cheryl
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 2006-2014 Ancestry.com | New Privacy | Cookies | New Terms and Conditions | Operated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.