Search for content in message boards

Penighetti ..

Penighetti ..

Posted: 23 Nov 2007 3:22AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Penighetti, Jones, Collar
I am searching for the name PENIGHETTI in Kent England. My family came from a Giuseppe Penighetti who left Albareto Italy around 1888. There is also a Giovanni Penighetti. They were brothers and both settled in NYC. There parents were Luigi and Maria Penighetti. There were about 7 in the family. There is a Mario Penighetti left in Italy, he is the last. All had girls. there are not many Penighetti's left in USA. I am hoping to find out if the Penighetti's I am finding in England are related. Ellis Island shows a Domo Penighetti as coming into NYC in April 6 1896. But there is nothing known about him here. i think he left. He could have gone to England and be the link I am looking for.
I find a Domenico Penighetti born OCt 21 1912 and died May 2002 in Canterbury. Also a Sylvia Florence Penighetti born April 5 1912, died Dec 1993 Maidstone Kent. Maybe these are son / daughter of some of my relitives that settled in England. Does anyone know anything about them??
Living now I have a Leslie Collar married July 1985 to a Catherine Penighetti. a Mark Jones married June 1991 to Theresa Penighetti. And a Anthony Penighetti married Oct 1992 to Elizabeth Newman. Also a James and a Zoe Penighetti, brother and sister.

Re: Penighetti ..

Posted: 12 Jun 2009 4:21PM GMT
Surnames: collar, penighetti
i am michael collar the son of catherine collar (penighetti) and leslie collar. if you would like any information please do not hesitate to contact me and i will be happy to help

Re: Penighetti ..

Posted: 12 Jun 2009 11:05PM GMT
HI, yes I have much to ask you. I do know of youas I found redords from England. The Penighett's left Albareto Italy. Three came to America. I know of two of them. Giuseppe and Giovanni (brothers) Giuseppe (Joseph) is my great grandfather. There parents were DOMENICO PENIGHETTI AND MAESTRI MARIA.
There is only one Penighetti left in Italy.. a Mario. They all had girls! The name is dying out. My brothers did not have children. My Cousin has a boy I hear! But I was wondering if the England Peningtti's come from the same family as me? please write to me at winterlady541@hotmail.com .. thanks!
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 2006-2014 Ancestry.com | Privacy | Cookies | New Terms and Conditions | Operated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.