Search for content in message boards

Carriveau

Carriveau

Posted: 1 Sep 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 29 Dec 2001 1:00AM GMT
Surnames: Carriveau, Raboin
I have census records indicating My Great Grandfather Joseph Carriveau married to Cordelia Raboin in 1905 were living with his parents Piere & Flora Carriveau in Amberg, villiage of Niagra, Marrinette County in 1905. I am trying find birth records of my Grandmother Margaret Carriveau. My uncles birth certificate showed Dagget, MI; however my inquires to Michigan showed no record. Any information or where the address of the office of vital statistics would be appreciated.

Gratefully,
Richard

Carriveau

Posted: 2 Sep 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Carriveau
Alice, thanks for the response. I am sending off some birth certificate data for my Grandmother to Madison, Wi. I have records that show she was born May 6, 1906 in Amberg, Niagra, Wisconsin. The son of Joseph August Carriveau & Delia Raboin. My moms birth certificate shows that she was born in Dagget, MI; and my uncles shows Niagra, WI. I know that Joseph & Delia were on the 1905 census in Amberg, Niagra, living with his parents. Pierre and Flora Carriveau. If you had an opportunity to check this out, that would be great.

I am very interested as both sides of my mothers' family came from the Northern Wisconsin, Upper MI Penninsula area. The family names are Carriveau and Raboin. I do have information back to about 1600 on both families, but would love to discover the mystery of my grandmother.

Posted: 2 Sep 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 19 Aug 2002 7:42PM GMT
I have been doing research in Marinette, and Oconto Cty. in WI and Menominee County in MI, I grew up in Oconto cty. and the Carriveau name is quite prevelant in all 3 counties I have seen it in the books in the Menominee county court house. I live in Brown county WI and get up to MI quite often If I can look anything up for you let me know also in Oconto County or Brown.

Posted: 3 Sep 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 19 Aug 2002 7:42PM GMT
Do you have any information on any siblings for your grandmother. Sometimes thats a way to gain more information on the particular person your looking for I found information on my grandmother's siblings first and that led me to the information on her that I was seeking. Are you related to the carriveau family from Lena, WI in Oconto County. You can email me directly at dbloody@aol.com

Carriveau

Posted: 20 Jul 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 1 Jul 2001 4:47AM GMT
Surnames: Westcott, DeMaiffe, Longsine, Bedore, Gokey
Somewhere I came across Margaret Carriveau born Iron Mt, Dickinson Cnty, MI. Cordelia Raboin born 17 May 1905, Niagra, Marinette Cnty, WI Hope this might be of some help.

Carriveau / Raboin Families

Posted: 26 Aug 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: CARRIVEAU
Carriveau/Raboin Marrinette County.

Thanks so much for the responses. I have found my grandmother's birth certificate at the Marrinette County Courthouse born in Niagra, WI on 5/7/1906. Her parents were Cordeila Raboin who was born in Dagget, MI May 16, 1884 & Joseph August Carriveau, born in Oconto October 04, 1881. I've been able to trace my great grandmother back to Michel Rabouin from France and have been very succesfull with the Corriveau/Carriveua line.

It took a trip to Wisconsin/Michigan this past winter to visit Oconto County, Marrinette County & Menominee Counties.The information relating to Iron Mountain Michigan is incorrect, as the Dickensen County Courthouse had no records. I think this incorrect information is on the LDS site.

If you're interested you can email me.

Thanks !!

Richard

CARRIVEAU

Edited: 1 Jul 2001 4:47AM GMT
Surnames: GASPERICH, PLESE, CASPARY, KOENEN, CASEY, WESTCOTT
This is my Westcott connection to the CARRIVEAU family. FYI someone has an Ancestral File on familysearch.org the Carriveau family which will be of help to you.

Descendants of Francis Carriveau

Generation No. 1

1. Francis1 Carriveau. He married Marie Rasborne.

Child of Francis Carriveau and Marie Rasborne is:
+ 2 i. Louise2 Carriveau, born 26 July 1860; died 08 August 1925 in Oconto, Oconto County, WI.

Generation No. 2

2. Louise2 Carriveau (Francis1) was born 26 July 1860, and died 08 August 1925 in Oconto, Oconto County, WI. She married Joseph Longsine 10 September 1877 in Gillett, Oconto County, WI, son of Francis Longsine and Louise Ranais.

More About Louise Carriveau:
Buria1: 12 August 1925, Catholic Cemetery, Oconto, Oconto County, WI

Children of Louise Carriveau and Joseph Longsine are:

+ 7 v. Edward "Pinhead" Longsine, Sr., born 25 February 1897 in Oconto, Oconto County, WI; died

Generation No. 3

7. Edward "Pinhead"3 Longsine, Sr. (Louise2 Carriveau, Francis1) was born 25 February 1897 in Oconto, Oconto County, WI7, and died September 19707. He married Alvina Trapanier 26 July 1916, daughter of David Trapanier and Mary Brabant.

Children of Edward Longsine and Alvina Trapanier are:
+ 18 i. Edward Sylvester"Buck"4 Longsine, Jr., born 01 August 1921; died 04 May 1969.

Generation No. 4

18. Edward Sylvester"Buck"4 Longsine, Jr. (Edward "Pinhead"3, Louise2 Carriveau, Francis1) was born 01 August 1921, and died 04 May 1969. He married (1) Marjorie Westcott Abt. 1941, daughter of Richard WESTCOTT and Florence Fontaine. He married (2) Betty Jane Morrell Abt. 1958, daughter of Lu Morrell.

Carriveau

Donald Campbell (View posts)
Surnames: Carriveau, Campbell
I am from Oconto County. My father was born in Marinette County to Joseph and Edna Campbell. Edna was born in Daggett Michigan about 1870. This may be related to your family. I am just starting to search. Don't have much but I believe Edna had a sister Emma. They may have been born on the reservation. If you have any info that might help my search please forward it.

Re: Carriveau

Heather K. (View posts)
Posted: 29 Apr 2004 4:59PM GMT
I have a Hester Carriveau married to Finnian Maloney, their son Lawrence Maloney(1923) married Mary Rabion.

Re: Carriveau

Posted: 19 Mar 2010 10:09PM GMT
Looking for more information on Hester Myrtle Carriveau and Finnian Douglas Maloney. Please contact me at amay@onlinenw.com

Thank you.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 2006-2014 AncestryPrivacyCookiesNew Terms and ConditionsOperated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.