Search for content in message boards

Doblice Village, Parish of Crnomelj

Doblice Village, Parish of Crnomelj

George J. Plautz Jr. (View posts)
Posted: 3 Jan 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: BUTALA, MOVRIN, PLAVEC, VERTIN, KLOBUCHAR
I am interested in obtaining information regarding surnames, house numbers, and years of residence for anyone who traces their ancestors to Doblice. I have a table of 50 house numbers in Doblice thus far and would like to add as much information as available before uploading this information to the web. The surnames in these house thus far are: BANOVEC, BUTALA, GASPERIC, GREGORIC, ILENICH, KRAKAR, KRELLA, MAURIN, MOVRIN, PLAUZ, PLAVC, PLAVEC, PLOVC, SCHAGER, STERK, SWETIC, VERTACIC. I know the VERTIN and KLOBUCHAR families also lived thi the village but do not have their house numbers yet. I have also started listing the house numbers for the villages of Butoraj, Gric, and Maverlen. I am interested in any information even if it does not correspond with my family lineage. I am in the processof forming the Bela Krajina Village Association. Any comments or information are appreciated.

Thanks, George

Butala

Jackie Botala (View posts)
Posted: 29 Jan 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Butala
The surname BUTALA jumped out at me! I have searching, not very successfully, for my Butala relations in Houghton County MIch. Joseph Butala, father: Joseph Butala mother: Mary Banowitz (sp) all born in AUstria, JOseph (Jr) immigrated to US in late 1880's. This is all I know about them. Do you have any info?

BUTALA

George J. Plautz Jr. (View posts)
Posted: 31 Jan 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Josef Butala
I just recently went to the National Archives and looked up the 1900 census for Houghton County, Michigan. Obviously we must be from the same regions. I did see a Butala in the records but since I wasn't searching for that name I didn't record any of the information. If you can do a soundex search of the name and get to a Family History Center run by the Mormons you can also look up census records. The record will tell you the birth month and year, all those living with the individual, and the year of immigration. My Butala ancestors were from Gric. Our SGS Chapter President has relatives in petra vas, also near Crnomelj.

Tracing Butala

Posted: 20 Sep 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 23 Sep 2001 2:11AM GMT
Surnames: Butala, Butalla
My husband Bryon Butala's Father originally came from UnionTown Pa His name was Mike Butala he was born 1931 has brother name of John born 1929. Their Father Paul with Brother Andrew came from Hrubo Czechoslavakia in 1921
I tried to locate this city on the map but due to all the territorial changes I was unable to do so.
Maybe at that time is was Austria I'm not sure
Do the names above fit into your research and if so please contact me.
Kim E-Mail KBBUTALA@aol.com

Butala

Laurie Panfalone (View posts)
Posted: 4 Nov 2000 12:00PM GMT
I accidentally typed in the wrong first name, my Great-Grandfather's first name was Michael, his son was Joseph (he had no children).

Joseph Butala

Laurie Panfalone (View posts)
Posted: 4 Nov 2000 12:00PM GMT
Joseph Butala was my Great-Grandfather and lived in Calumet MI. He was a miner and worked in the copper mines, Red Jacket Shaft I believe it was called. It was the deepest mine at the time. I would like more information on the family.

Butala

Pat Hillebrand (View posts)
Posted: 20 Nov 2000 12:00PM GMT
My grandfather was Joseph Butala b1883 in Slovenia and he lived in Ahmeek then Laurium. He worked in the Cliff mine for one week then gave it up to sell life insurance. His father was Michael Butala, mother Anna Bahor and they had 9 children, two died at a young age. This Joseph was married to Mary Spehar and they had five children. He had one sister Anna b.1893 that also came to the US and married John Benchina. I am looking for information on Joseph's siblings: Maria Butala b. 1880, Johann Butala b 1885, Michael Butala b 1889, Franz Butala b 1890 and Anton Butala, b 1898. Thank you.

Butala

George Plautz (View posts)
Posted: 10 Dec 2000 12:00PM GMT
Laurie, I have already been contacted by Pat. I have a spreadsheet of Butalas born in Gric. Pat's Butala family resided in Gric #10, a small village on a hill, looking into the City and Parish of Crnomelj. Do you have more information or do you know which village your ancestor came from?

where does the last name butala come from ?

ankt butala (View posts)
Posted: 14 Mar 2001 12:00PM GMT
i am of indian nationality and i have a very large family whose last name is butala and i have heard it is italian but i am unsure i was wondering if you know what it means if so email me ok

Re: Butala

mary (View posts)
Posted: 7 Sep 2001 3:54AM GMT
In reply to your looking for Butala. My grandparents names were Joseph and Mary and they lived in Calumet Mich. I don't know what my grandmothers maiden name was but the names Joseph and Mary have always stuck with me. I don't know if the are the same. My parents are passed away so I can not get more info. Would be interested in knowing if your a relation.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 2006-2014 Ancestry.comPrivacyCookiesNew Terms and ConditionsOperated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.