Search for content in message boards

Turner D. Spruill

Spruill Relatives

P. Tillett (View posts)
Posted: 8 Aug 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Nathan Spruill, Eli Spruill, Gaddis Weston Spruill

These are my lines they are from the Pea Ridge, Washington County/Tyrell County area.

this is as far as I know back at this point if you have any information PLEASE email me!!!

1 Nathan Spruill?-?
+ Lydia ??

2. Eli Spruill?-?

+Lavina Small?-?

3. Gaddis Weston Spruill 1882-1947

+ Hester Ann Craddock 1888-1986

I have more information on the descendants of these if someone needs more information on them I am looking for anything anyone has further back. If you have ANYTHING please email me!!!!

Turner D. Spruill

Marilynn Thompson (View posts)
Posted: 8 Aug 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Spruill
Am trying to find info on Turner D. Spruill who married Caroline Moore. Children were Lenora, Hulda Ann, Clinton Augustus, Clayton Edwin, Mary Debero. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Possible counties Tyrrell and Pasquotank. Thanks

Turner D. Spruill

Marilynn Thompson (View posts)
Posted: 10 Aug 1999 12:00PM GMT
Got your response to my Turner D. Spruill query. None of the names you mentioned show up in my information. Caroline Moore, who married Turner, was born in 1829 in Tyrrell County. I am assuming that Turner was born there too, but don't know for sure. Turner and Caroline had 5 children, one of whom was my grandmother, Hulda Ann Spruill. The others were Lenora Spruill, who died at age 23, Clinton Augustus and Mary Debero who never married, and Clayton Edwin, who I don't have any info on whatsoever. If I do find any connections I will be sure and forward it to you. Good luck to both of us and if you get any other info please let me know also. Have a good day! Marilynn

Spruill-Gaddis

Ron Gaddis (View posts)
Posted: 31 Aug 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Gaddis, Spruill
Have both Gaddis and Spruill families represented in tree of Gaddis Group 1. The information is somewhat confusing, but there must be a link between yours and ours. Short report as follows:

Descendants of W. F. T. Spruill, Rev.

Generation No. 1

1. W. F. T.1 SPRUILL, REV.

Notes for W. F. T. SPRUILL, REV.:
Of the Kentucky Conference (most likely Methodist...RJG)

Child of W. F. T. SPRUILL, REV. is:
2. i. CALLIE2 SPRUILL.

Generation No. 2

2. CALLIE2 SPRUILL (W. F. T.1) She married JOHN WILLIAM GADDIS, REV. 29 August 1877, son of WILLIAM GADDIS and TAMPSON CARTER. He was born 21 May 1849 in Ripley, Brown Co., OH, and died 1923.

Notes for CALLIE SPRUILL:
LDS has this confusing information:
Wife's Name

Carlisle LORECILL (AFN:9DQX-Q2)
Born: Abt 1857
Place:
Married: 29 Aug 1877

This is the same date recorded for Callie Spruill, listed as daughter of Rev. WFT Spruill.
On the other hand, one of her sons has the middle name Carlisle. The other son has Spruill as his middle name.

Notes for JOHN WILLIAM GADDIS, REV.:
Ordained in 1872 as a Methodist minister and served the Methodist pastorate for 50 years.

Children of CALLIE SPRUILL and JOHN GADDIS are:

i. PAUL SPRUILL3 GADDIS, b. ABT 1880, Ripley, Brown Co., OH.

ii. MARY HELEN GADDIS, b. ABT 1878; m. MR. HOMMEYER.

iii. RUTH GADDIS, b. ABT 1884; m. MR. JEFFRIES.

iv. WILLIAM CARLISLE GADDIS, b. ABT 1882.

Re: Turner D. Spruill

Posted: 21 Apr 2008 4:18AM GMT
Any connection to Patsy Spruil/Spruill listed on the 1880 Census living with her family in Scuppernong, Tyrrell Cty., NC married to James Dempsey.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 2006-2014 AncestryPrivacyCookiesNew Terms and ConditionsOperated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.