Search for content in message boards

Robert Morin

Robert Morin

Posted: 5 May 2008 1:53PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Morin
I have traced my Morin line back to Robert Morin born 1673,or 1674 either Quebec or France. He married Francoise Mignier in 1690 in Charlesbourg,Quebec. He died in 1722 or 1729 in St Roch Des Aulnaies, Lislet Quebec. I am having trouble finding his birth place and his parents. The information is ambiguous. Can anyone help me here?

Objet : Robert Morin

Posted: 7 May 2009 9:21PM GMT
bonjour

pour ce qui est de notre ancêtre Robert Morin ,je n'ai rien
trouvé,ni son lieu de naissance,et même pas sûr de sa date de décès,son mariage est aussi approximatif,,son acte de mariage est perdu ??? et je n'est pas trouvé quand et comment il est arrivé au Québec..
j'aimerais bien en savoir plus.

Line

Re: Robert Morin

Posted: 7 May 2009 11:42PM GMT
Hello:

No one has come up with; even the renowned genealogists in Quebec.

Given that his marriage record in 1690 has not been located, one does not have the benefit where he came from and who his parents were. With regard to departments of origin in France, nobody has indexed this person.

Unless one was to do the right research in France, the place of origin will never be found.

Jean_Marie
Gatineau, Quebec

Posted: 8 May 2009 7:42PM GMT
Thank you Jean_Morin for your reply to my query. I guess Robert Morin will remain a mystery for now. I hope some day to be able to visit France, as my ancestry is from there. Morin is my son-in-laws line, but I am of the Duchesneau line and that ancestry has been verified as coming from France. I was not able to answer Line Morin as my spoken and written French is not good. Thanks again for all your support in the past. Suzanne

Re: Objet : Robert Morin

Posted: 9 May 2009 12:23AM GMT
bonsoir Line,

Suzanne ne peut écrire le français et s'excuse dans le courriel qu'elle m'a adressé de ne pouvoir répondre à ton courriel. Elle apprécie ton intervention.

Jean-marie

Posted: 9 May 2009 8:22PM GMT
bonjour Suzanne,

I have sent a short note to Line to express your appreciation for her input.

Some records have been lost at times on account of priest visiting missions which were not constituted as parishes yet. Bad weather conditions in winter may account for some of the losses before the records were registered in the books of the parent parish. Church fires are other causes. In some cases, the marriage record was never found but fortunately the couple had signed a marriage contract (agreement) and we have records of those. However, In the case of Robert and Francoise we seem to have neither of the two potential records.

Jean-Marie

Posted: 11 May 2009 2:16PM GMT
Jean-Marie

I hope I got your name right this time. Thanks for your information and keeping in touch. Thanks also for replying to Line Morin for me. You would laugh at my attempt at French, even though my father was French and I got great marks in French during high school. I haven't practised in years.

Suzanne

per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 2006-2014 Ancestry.comPrivacyCookiesNew Terms and ConditionsOperated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.