Search for content in message boards

Charles Everett Born Late 1700s

Charles Everett Born Late 1700s

Charles Averett (View posts)
Posted: 1 May 2000 2:05PM GMT
Charles Averett Married Catherine Rentz Aug.1810 In Amite county Ms. After his death in 1825-1830, she moved to Louisiana.They had 3 childern, Turner, Llewellyn and one girl. Can any one tell me when he was born/died and maybe his parents.All the info on this line of Everetts.

Charles Averett

Posted: 14 Sep 2000 9:43PM GMT
Edited: 4 Aug 2001 6:36AM GMT
Charles Averett and Catherine Rentz had three children , Turner ,Virlinda, and Llewellyn ,LLewellyn Griffith Averett was my ggGrandfather. He married Lucinda Palmer. They lived in Colyell which is in Livingston Parish Louisiana. They had ten Children one of which was my grandmother Addie Charlotte Averett who married my grandfather Eathern Martin. They are all buried in Colyell Baptist Church Cemetery. I just thought this information might be of use to someone.
Dianne

Llewellyn Griffith Averett

Charles Averett (View posts)
Posted: 29 Sep 2000 9:03AM GMT
Charles Averett and Catherine Rentz had three children , Turner ,Virlinda, and Llewellyn ,LLewellyn Griffith Averett was my ggGrandfather. My record show Llewellyn married Mary C. Edwards in Livingston Parish in the year 1846.To conferm this is the same Llewellyn Averett could you send me the names of the ten Childern. My records show his son John Rentz Averett married Martha Jane wells 08/10/1878. John was born 10/22/1852. They had nine childern. I also would like to know what you know about Charles Cathrine. Please get back with me. By the way I live in Crosby Texas

Llewellyn G. Averett

Posted: 30 Sep 2000 2:50PM GMT
Lewellyn G. Averett was my gg-grandfather also.James llewellyn Averett and lucinda Almedia (Teenie) Palmer were my great grandparents. I only have nine names for the children of LLewellyn G. Averett and Mary C. Edwards. They are John Rentz, Mary, Willy, James L. , Ann Chase, Warren Lafayett, Nealy Turner, Sarah Elizabeth, and Charles. Who have I missed? mary Katherine Edwards was the second oldest daughter of Clarkston Edwards and Celia Mineyard and was born in Lawrence County Mississippi about 1826. She married about 1846 in Livingston Parish to Llewellyn G. Averett the son of Charles Averett and Catherine Rentz.Llewellyn was born between 1821 and 1825 in Amite County Ms. and died from a stroke on Oct 9, 1879 Mary died in June of 1898 and I think they are both buried in Colyell Baptist Church Cemetery. My Maternal Grandmother was Addie Averett daughter of James Llewellyn and Lucinda Averett. If you will send me your email address I will send you other information . I live in Livingston Parish La. My e-mail address is dr12179@eatel.net

Llewellyn G. Averett

Posted: 30 Sep 2000 2:50PM GMT
Lewellyn G. Averett was my gg-grandfather also.James llewellyn Averett and lucinda Almedia (Teenie) Palmer were my great grandparents. I only have nine names for the children of LLewellyn G. Averett and Mary C. Edwards. They are John Rentz, Mary, Willy, James L. , Ann Chase, Warren Lafayett, Nealy Turner, Sarah Elizabeth, and Charles. Who have I missed? mary Katherine Edwards was the second oldest daughter of Clarkston Edwards and Celia Mineyard and was born in Lawrence County Mississippi about 1826. She married about 1846 in Livingston Parish to Llewellyn G. Averett the son of Charles Averett and Catherine Rentz.Llewellyn was born between 1821 and 1825 in Amite County Ms. and died from a stroke on Oct 9, 1879 Mary died in June of 1898 and I think they are both buried in Colyell Baptist Church Cemetery. My Maternal Grandmother was Addie Averett daughter of James Llewellyn and Lucinda Averett. If you will send me your email address I will send you other information . I live in Livingston Parish La. My e-mail address is dr12179@eatel.net

Lewellyn G. Averett descendant

Posted: 11 Dec 2000 8:57PM GMT
Edited: 19 Feb 2003 2:27AM GMT
Brother of my ggrandmother Josephine Taylor, ie Johney Taylor was married to Anna Averett. Livingston Parish History book says Anna descendant of Lewellyn.
I have been unable to find anything on internet on Taylor family. wondering if you ran across anything researching Averetts?

Johney and Josephine Taylor were also descended from Clarkston and Celia through their daughter Dorthy Edwards who married Charles Taylor in Colyell, La., early l850's.
On Livingston census, says the Taylors were all born in Mississippi, but don't know where or Charles' father. Family history only says Charles' father was born in Maryland and his father and uncle came from England into New York or Maryland before l800's (information again taken from the
Livingston Parish History book.

If you have anything on Taylors, would appreciate anything.
Posted: 11 Dec 2000 9:56PM GMT
Dorthy Edwards was born in Lawrence County Ms.about 1834and was married circa 1854 to Charles P. Taylor who was born about 1831 in Ms. 1860 Livingston Parish Census shows Charles Taylor age 28 head of household occupation farmer and Dortha age 24 born ms. as wife, James age 4 born la , Daniel age 2born La, Caroline age 6 born La. in 1880 census
charles Taylor age 67 b/p Ms. Father born in Md , Mother born in Va.
Doritha age 46 b/p MS. Father born in SC Mother born in Ga.
Alonzo age 20 B/P La, Father born in Ms Mother born in MS.
Josephine Age 17 B/P La. Father born in MS. Mother born in Ms,
Charles age 15 B/P La, Father b/p Ms. Mother B/p MS.
Leonadus age 12 b/p La. FatherB/P Ms. mother b/p Ms.
Theophilus age 9b/p La. Father b/p Ms. Motherb/p Ms.
John age 7 b/p La. Father b/p Ms. Motherb/p Ms. Caroline /Celian Taylor born about 1854 died young. James Taylor born about 1856 died young. Daniel Taylor born about 1858 died young. Alonzo Lafayette Taylor born about 1860.Josephine Taylor born Dec. 8 1861 and died August 3, 1934 (see State Deathe Certificate Volume 261 # 10370 ) She was Married on Nov. 13, 1888 to William Tate, Born Dec 1850 and died January 12, 1913 The son of Harvey Tate and Malinda? This was his second marriage. He had two daughters by his first marriage , Iva and Serena, Serena was married on January 7, 1903 to M.A. Sullivan Josephine and William are both buried at Colyell Baptist Church Cemetery.
hildren of William M. Tate and Josephine Taylor are Simeon Lee Tate born July 10th and died aug. 4, 1955 He was married in Dec. 22 1910 to Mercy Watson born Aug. 30 1891 and died may 27,1951 Both are buried in Denham Springs Memorial Cemetery in the 1910 Census of Livingston Parish shows William Tate age 58 as head of house Josephine age 48 as wife , Simon L. age 21 son, Dallas M.age 20 as son , Charles J. age 18 son, Calvin C. age 15 son, John E. age 13 as son , Julia M age 10 as dau. Joseph A. age 9 as son , Myrtle L. age 5as dau. I hope this is some help to you it is copied from the work of Darryl Andrews Author of Colyell Cousins. I will try and forward more information to you later my e-mail is dr12179@eatel.net Dianne

Taylors-(Charles)-La.

Posted: 12 Dec 2000 4:23PM GMT
Edited: 19 Feb 2003 2:27AM GMT
Does help-gives me dates I did not have and resources. Thanks for info.
Posted: 6 Feb 2001 9:20PM GMT
Charles, I have e-mailed you before but i just read some of your messages and this time it has clicked! What do you know of Levi Averett? He is Stanley Lindon Averetts Grandfather. Ok, Levi and my grandmother Addie were brother and sister, You are probably a first cousin to my Mother. if this rings a bell e-mail me at dr12179@eatel.net Dianne

Levi Averett

Charles averett (View posts)
Posted: 12 Feb 2001 10:15AM GMT
I am at work But yes! Levi was my uncle Elton Averett's Father. I don't have much on Levi, Maybe when he was born Died and where he is buried. All info at home. Elton Averett Mae Averett, Mae was an Averett also, they were cousins., Sons Levell, Lindon, Wayne lane. Stanley is my 2nd cousin. Will see what I have on Levi.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 2006-2014 AncestryPrivacyCookiesNew Terms and ConditionsOperated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.