Search for content in message boards

Cordelia (Baker) Elijah

Cordelia (Baker) Elijah

Posted: 28 Jun 2009 2:44AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Baker
Cordelia Baker married her second husband Vern Elijah and lived in Hebron Ohio Licking County. She had four daughters altogether Mary Winifred & Dorothy by first husband and Marjorie Elizabeth & Ethel Lucille by Vern. Her mother was Mary Ellen (Smith) Yarnell. She died in the 1960's. Needing info on her parents line or the country they originated in.
I have pictures, births, deaths, etc. to share.

Re: Cordelia (Baker) Elijah

Posted: 28 Jun 2009 8:05PM GMT
April 17, 1929-July 23, 2004

There will be no viewing or service observed for Ethel L. Elijah, 75, of Newark.

Mrs. Elijah passed away July 23, 2004 at Mount Carmel East Hospital in Columbus. She was born on April 17, 1929 to the late Vern Palmer and

Cordelia "Cordie" (Baker) Elijah.

Mrs. Elijah was a 1947 graduate of Hebron High School and also attended the Hebron Church of Christ, presently known as the Hebron Christian Church. She worked for the State of Ohio at the Bureau of Motor Vehicles until she retired in 1990 after 30 years of service.

She is survived by her brother-in-law, Robert Hommom of Hebron; several nieces and nephews; great-nieces and nephews, and great-great nieces and nephews; and special friends Larry and Doris King and Jean Pierce.

In addition to her parents and first husband Ross Patrick, she was preceded in death by her three sisters Dorothy Hoy, Mary Mays and Marjorie Hommond.

Contributions may be made in her name to the American Heart Association at P.O. Box 182039 Dept. 013 Columbus, Oh 43218-2039.

To sign an online guest book please visit, www.brucker-kishlerfuneralhome.com and click on guest book/obituaries.

Moyer-Jones Family Tree (Owner: Bernard_Moyer) has many photos and this info:

Cordelia Baker
Birth: 15 Jun 1898
Columbus, Franklin, Ohio, United States
Death: 22 dec 1960
Hebron, Licking County, OH

parents:

Mary Ellen Smith
Birth: 18 Jul 1876
West Virginia
Death: Oct 1967
Titusville, Brevard, Florida, United States of America

Charles Homer Baker
Birth: 20 Feb 1874
OH
Death: 10 Sep 1918
Columbus, Franklin, Ohio, USA

Cordelia's first husband:

Oscar Laben Norvell
Birth: 29 Sep 1895
Charleston, West Virginia
Death: 15 Nov 1923
Frazeysburg, Ohio, USA

2nd husband:

Vern Palmer Elijah
Birth: 7 Sep 1892
Indiana
Death: 30 Jul 1962
Columbus, Franklin, Ohio, USA

I am not related.
Shelley

Re: Cordelia (Baker) Elijah

Posted: 28 Jun 2009 10:59PM GMT
Surnames: Elijah
This was my great aunt Ethel who lived with us for a few years and I was very close to her. Thanks so much for thinking of me and responding to my ad. God Bless!
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 2006-2014 AncestryPrivacyCookiesNew Terms and ConditionsOperated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.