Search for content in message boards

Godier/Goudiere/Forecast/Deheule/Bizou/Lucas

Godier/Goudiere/Forecast/Deheule/Bizou/Lucas

Posted: 28 Feb 2008 6:48AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Godier, Goudiere, Forecast, Forquaist, Ferques, Deheule, De Heulle, Bizou, Lucas
Hi all,

Looking for help expanding the French Huguenot side of my family tree.

JOHN (JEAN) GODIER - b: 30/11/1752
MARY FORECAST - Chr: 2/2/1755
Married: 23/10/1775 at Saint Luke Old Street, Finsbury, London

Parents of John (Jean) Godier
JEAN GOUDIERE - b:16/1/1727
ESTER DEHEULE (?De Heulle?)

Parents of Jean Goudiere
ISAAC GOUDIERE - b.2/2/1703
ESTHER BIZOU
Married: August 1723, French Church, Threadneedle St, London

Parents of Isaac Goudiere
ISAAC GOUDIERE
CATHERINE LUCAS

I believe Mary Forecast is either the daughter or niece of BENJAMIN FORECAST (chr: Dec 31 1733) and MARY CANNELL (b. abt 1735) - I have seen this surname also spelt Forquaist and Ferques - would be most grateful if anyone can confirm/deny this for me.

If anyone has a connection to this tree or has more information that can help - I would dearly love to hear from you. Please reply or email me!

Sincerely,

Phil

Re: Godier/Goudiere/Forecast/Deheule/Bizou/Lucas

Posted: 2 Mar 2008 7:38PM GMT
Online listings from the LDS archives appear to be relevant to your investigations.
http://www.familysearch.org

For GODIER etc., you will need to use the "Advanced Search" and also confirm for "Use exact spelling". I tried four variations: GODIER, GODIERE,GOUDIER and GOUDIERE.
Isaac GODIER, ch. in 1702, puts this family in Canterbury at the Wallooons or Strangers Church and a documentary reference can be found in "Source Information" that may be worthy of further inquiry.

Spelling was somewhat variable in those days, as you see from the variations on BIZOU. You should search the other surnames both without and with exact spelling to see what shows up at your known locations and times. You may be able to add some date, source, parental or sibling information in some of your lines: FOR(E)CAST, etc. At least it will open up a new set of questions.

Regards,
KA

Posted: 2 Mar 2008 10:38PM GMT
Sincere thanks for your help - I've already turned up some fresh leads!

Posted: 15 Mar 2008 2:21AM GMT
Hi Phil,

I am helping a friend with his family tree and all of these names appear in his tree. Ca not provide much more than you already have- a branch came here to Victoria Australia that I have been working on for him, if that is of any interest to you
All the best
Gordon
Victoria
Australia

Posted: 19 Jul 2008 7:24PM GMT
Hi Phil
I have all of these people on my tree too!!!
I'm related to Elizabeth Godier b 1837 daughter of James Godier and Sarah Cheese and James was the son of Jean Godier and Mary Forecast. Happy to compare notes. I too am confused as to whom Mary was born as there were two Mary's born in 1755......

Kindest regards Joss

Posted: 19 Jul 2008 7:30PM GMT
Hi Gordon. Would be interested in contacting your friend in Astralia. I had a rtelative from Oz visit me this week, descended from Thomas Eaton Godier and any info would be beneficial to both of us. I'm a descendant of James Godier and Sarah Cheese.
Regards Joss

Posted: 20 Jul 2008 2:11AM GMT
Hi Joss,

My friend, Lauchlan (Wayne) THOMPSON is happy for me to correspond with you and supply any information that we have- in fact I have it all here on my computer, and Wayne feels I have a better understanding of his Tree than he does- this is probably true LOL

Please feel free to contact me directly at:

beachG2optusnet.com.au

More than happy to exchange information etc, as I said, I spoke with Wayne a few moments ago to get his OK for this.

Hope to hear from you

Kind Regards
Gordon Beach
Victoria
Australia

Posted: 20 Jul 2008 2:13AM GMT
Hi again Joss,

Unbelievable- but messed up my e-mail address- it is:

beachg@optusnet.com.au

Regards
Gordon

Posted: 8 May 2009 3:39PM GMT
Hello all . . .

My name is Bryan. I'm in the process of tracking down my family tree which i know very little about. I'm the last of the "Godier" s and thought it would be nice to learn more about my family. Just curious if we maybe related to any of the following:

Goderre, Goder, Gauderre, Godier (Jean Baptiste Goder)

Thanks B.

Posted: 6 Apr 2011 12:58AM GMT
Surnames: Godier Forecast Agombar English
I am also helping a friend in Adelaide with his family tree. He is descended from Isaac Godier and Mary Bean's daughter Esther who married Joseph English. I am related to another Esther Godier, the daughter of Jean and Mary (Forecast) Godier who married Jacob Agombar.
I also came across the Victorian Godiers and would be happy to share with you but you may have more than I have.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 2006-2014 Ancestry.com | New Privacy | Cookies | New Terms and Conditions | Operated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.