Search for content in message boards

Hiram Sizemore

Hiram Sizemore

Posted: 26 Feb 2006 10:02PM GMT
Classification: Query
Who know that there were so many Hiram Sizemore's?
I am looking for anyone with information about the Hiram that married Mary Ann Keen. His parents were Wilburn Sizemore and Sallie Jones. Wilburn's folks were Henry Sizemore and Rachel Jones. They were all from Kentucky, Virginia and Tennessee lines (I think!). Any and all questions and comments are welcome.
Thanx
Rebecca

Re: Hiram Sizemore

Posted: 28 Feb 2006 4:00AM GMT
Edited: 17 Oct 2006 12:41AM GMT
Surnames: Sizemore
The parents of Hiram's father, Wilborn, are unknown. We would like to test the DNA of one of Wilborn's direct male descendants. What do you want to know about Hiram?

Posted: 28 Feb 2006 1:42PM GMT
My grandfather is Estill Thacker. His Great Grandfather was Hiram Sizemore. That's as far back as my aunt had gone and I got the start of my info from her. I just want to make sure that I got the right one before I continue. How are you connected?
Rebecca

Andrea Sizemore (View posts)
Posted: 28 Feb 2006 5:33PM GMT
Surnames: Sizemore
I mistakenly clicked "Post new message" instead of "Post a reply", so my reply is not connected to this thread.

Posted: 16 Sep 2009 6:57PM GMT
Surnames: Thackers & Sizemore
I have quite a lot of info on Thackers. Hiram's dau Louisa married John Thacker. They had 11 children. His son Gordon married Gordon Thacker Sr. and I have their family. John Thacker/s son William M. was killed in a gunfight in Muleshoe, Tx. in 1926 and I have copies of newpaper articles on all of that.

Posted: 18 Sep 2009 4:58PM GMT
Surnames: Sizemore and Thacker
Saw your post on Roots Web about Louisa Sizemore and her son William Thacker. I am leaving Tuesday for Ft. Cobb, Oklahoma to look at Louisa's and William's tombstones. Louisa has a daughter-in-law buried there also. I found Hiram's grave this June and his wife's (Mary Keen) in July.
They are buried in Thousandsticks, Kentucky in the woods and hard to find. They are not buried together. If anyone is interested in this family of Sizemores, I have found Hiram's sister Rebecca, brothers Pleasant, Willis, and Nelson. Also, there parents Wilborn and Sally (Jones) Sizemore. Have been working with the American Legion to get tombstones for Hiram, Pleasant, and Nelson since they were in the Civil War. Would appreciate any help with these families and the Ft. Cobb Cemetery. You can email me directly at wlsizemore@sbcglobal.net

Posted: 19 Sep 2009 9:57PM GMT
Hiram Sizemore, b1839 Clay Co., KY. m. Aug 30, 1864 at Breathitt Co., KY to Mary Ann Keene,b. Mar 18, 1846 Perry Co., KY. d. Mar 24, 1950 Carnegie, OK. Hiram's father was Wilburn Sizemore(son of Henry Huntingshirt) b, 1815 Clay co., KY married on Feb 18, 1827 to Sarah "Sallie" Jones b. 1815, d. April 12, 1901 They had 8 children (found). If I can be of further help please let me know. Thanks
Geri Sizemore Johnson

onekoolmeme@ymail.com

Posted: 20 Sep 2009 12:35AM GMT
Surnames: Sizemore, Keen, Thacker
Mary Ann Keen, born Mar 18, 1846 Perry Co., KY, died Feb. 24, 1924 Thousandsticks, Leslie Co., KY. She married Hiram Sizemore Aug. 3, 1862 Breathitt Co., KY. Their daughter, Louisa, married John Thacker. Louisa was born March 18, 1867 Breathitt Co., KY, and died March 24 1950 in Oklahoma and is buried at the Ft. Cobb Cemetery, Caddo Co., OK.

Hiram Sizemore was the son of Wilborn Sizemore and Sarah Jones. Wilborn was NOT the son of Henry Hunting Shirt Sizemore, although family stories say that Henry raised him. Wilborn was the son of Henry’s sister, Rhoda Sizemore, and an unknown Bowling man, as proven by a DNA test on a descendant.

Posted: 5 Jan 2013 12:49AM GMT
how is Owen Sizemore related here.....he was my great grandfather. My moms family left Kentucky in 1947 to Oregon, my mom does not remember much of her family, so I am researching and what I am finding is amazing...
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 2006-2014 Ancestry.com | New Privacy | Cookies | New Terms and Conditions | Operated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.