Search for content in message boards

Jackson's from Avoca,PA.

Jackson's from Avoca,PA.

Posted: 28 Aug 2012 6:21PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Jackson/Grady Hines/Mulcahey
Looking for info on Jackson's from Avoca,PA. Grandfater was FrancisJ.Jackson(b.1879)married Catherine A.Hines(b.1881)..Paternal G.Grandfather was Frank Edward Jackson(b.1845/Ireland)married Margaret Theresa Grady(b.1851/England)...Catherine Hines parents were: Edward Hines(b.1847)and Margaret Mulcahey(b.1853)

Re: Jackson's from Avoca,PA.

Posted: 4 Oct 2012 9:11PM GMT
Surnames: Jackson, Nolan, Granahan...
My Jackson's are from Avoca PA. Ellie Jackson Nolan whose brother James Jackson and cousin also James Jackson were nems as well. Both James' perished in the 1888 Mud Run disaster (Train accident.) The families lived on Grove Street and or near the streets around them. Let me know. Michelle

Posted: 5 Oct 2012 1:57PM GMT
Hello Michelle...the "Ellie" Jackson to who you refer was my grandfathers sister...Born in Yorkshire,Eng.3-18-1871...married Thomas J. Nolan on 4-25-1894 at St. Mary's church in Avoca ...Died 1-29-1935 ...They had 11 children which included 2 sets of twins ...Thomas Jr,Francis,James,Raymond,Margaret,Edward,[Eugene,Mary],John,[Harry,Leo]...her brother James was only 16 when he perished on the train..most are buried in SM cemetary in Avoca...my name is Thomas Jackson,and my brother John lives in my grandfathers house which is on the corner of Grove & Cherry St. in Avoca...I'm looking for more info all the time, and hope to continue correspondence with you ...hope this is helpful to you...my em = TMJ35@aol.com

Posted: 5 Oct 2012 4:01PM GMT
Surnames: Jackson, Nolan, Granahan...
Yes. Yes. I have been doing research on the family for over 26 years. I grew up going to my great aunt Margarets house as a child on 1302 Grove Street. We used to climb the mountain near the house. My mom was born in Scranton and they all evetually moved up to Middletown NY where I grew up. My grandmother is Kathleen Nolan King. My great grandmother Helen McDonnell Nolan married Francis Nolan (Son of Ellie.) She died at 38 years old after giving birth to her last child. Would you believe I have the quilt that was handed down to me that My Great Great Grandmother Ellie made out of all the dresses from the girls. I know the family very very well. We always referred to them as Ma and Pa. My grandmother lived with Ellie until she passed. I even have my GG Grandfathers huge dresser in my living room. I live hear in Avon, CT. I go to Avoca every now and then to visit the graves. All my family married in St. Mary's and went to the elementary private school across the street. I know the families that are all buried in St. Mary's but finding it difficult to locate the other graves. I also have the handwritten genogram but miss so much information I have the original picture of Ellie when she was young with all of the kids that was taken in the original frame. My email address is Michelle_Quesnel@yahoo.com would you be able to email me everything you have and we can exchange stories. What is all of Ellie's and your grandfathers names. I have a picture of her in a frame as well. This is so exciting. I have spoken to Marion Ostrosky whose mother was a sister to Ellie as well. Ellies sister delivered my great uncle Edward Nolan on Christmas Eve. Her sister taught my grandmother and all the sisters to cook. So good to meet you! Looking forward to hearing from you! I have been searching aimlessly for more pictures and connections! Thank you so much!!! Talk to you soon!

Posted: 5 Oct 2012 4:05PM GMT
I also have hte Ellie's cookbook with the original newspaper clippings of James, Leo. I have their pictures prior to passing at an early age. I found it so amazing that Coming from a Coal Mining family. The young boys James, Leo were newspaper delivery boys. My GGgrandfather Francis wa a mailman. Aunt Margaret was a teacher in Duryea. Talk to you soon! I am coming down soon. I hope we can meet up.

Posted: 8 Oct 2012 7:36PM GMT
Those are excellant stories and it's exciting to know that you still have great keepsakes ... BTW while I was searching for more info, I came across a person who is looking for info about Jackson / Reap ancestry ..maybe you have seen it, maybe not ...but anyway it is on the Jackson surname message board page .. appx. line 226-250 ..the authors ID = merbo50 ...hope you can help each other

Posted: 9 Oct 2012 10:44AM GMT
I will look the message up! Thank you always glad to help. Michelle
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 2006-2014 AncestryPrivacyCookiesNew Terms and ConditionsOperated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.