Search for content in message boards

Looking for Indian line on Mourning Dove Calloway

Looking for Indian line on Mourning Dove Calloway

Posted: 6 Oct 2001 3:18PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 3 Mar 2002 4:15AM GMT
Surnames: Mourning Dove Calloway, Baker, Hurst, Robbins
Hey I am looking for information on my grandmothers. They are cherokee indians. Mourning Dove Calloway (I don't have dates, or where she was born) she is suppose to be a full indian. She married Solomon Baker (17710 N.C). Mourning Dove had a daughter named Mary mourning Sun Hursts. She married Zachery Taylor Robbins. I don't know if this is correct but the family says it is. but in the files that i have found it says that Mary is the daughter of Marshall Hurst and Sarah Pursiful. Marys dates r1864 in Ky. Family says that they were mother and daughter but files i have says differnt. Solmon Baker and Mourning Dove had 1 kid that i found Johannah Baker(1804, N.C) Johannah Baker married William Esquire Hurst(1801, Tenn) They had a son Marshall Calloway Hursts (1826 Tenn). Is this info correct? Can anyone tell what lines they r from on the indians. Would love to know about that indian side..Thanks Please e-mail me at Beka74@bellsouth.net

Re: Looking for Indian line on Mourning Dove Calloway

Posted: 6 Aug 2002 9:17PM GMT
Have you found anything more about Mourning Dove Calloway that married Solomon Baker?
In your post you wrote that Mourning Dove married Solomon Baker and had a child named Mary Mourning sun Hurst. Shouldn't her child be named Baker?
Thanks,
Jeannie

Re: Looking for Indian line on Mourning Dove Calloway

Posted: 10 Apr 2012 12:49AM GMT
Surnames: Robbins
Some indians the children took the mothers name
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 2006-2014 AncestryPrivacyCookiesNew Terms and ConditionsOperated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.